Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

can anyone recommend primer for eye lids..?

I never wear eye shadow, cuz when I do ...my lids get oily and the eye shadow creases.. I have heard about eye primers.. what brand is a good one? tx

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello,

I love the Laura Mercier Eye Basics. Here is some info from the Laura Mercier website:

Laura Mercier Eye Basics are the perfect canvas for the eye, just as a primer creates a canvas for the face. Eye Basics are crèmes that evaporate to a dry finish leaving a long-lasting semi-matte colour. Water-resistant & crease proof, each colour works perfectly as an eyelid base to correct any imperfection or discoloration on the lid. Also works nicely when used to create a natural, "clean" eye.

It is $22 USD but lasts a very long time. I think you will like it! You can get Laura Mercier at many big department stores and some Sephora stores have it.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not entirely sure that a primer would be what you need with oily skin. I use primer to make the color stand out...I would say dusting a little bit of powder over your eye should soak some up the oil and give you a better base to work with. If you really want to try a primer, I would check out MAC. I use their paints and creme color bases and they work great!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when applying your cover up apply to the lid then lightly dust with translucent powder, you want to make sure that you are using water based product, if the products has oil in them you'll usually end up a oily mess. it also depends on the type of shadow you use to. These days there are creams, thick pencils and such. I find if using cream you need to apply the loose powder(translucent) over top to set the shadow. Good Luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

omg I had the same problem and found an eyeshadow that actually doesn't do this! It really works as i am oily as all get out and spend time in the Florida sun, which doesn't help keep eyeshadow on. It is Almays creme eyeshadow in the lilac colored tube.

It is the best stuff, and I don't use anything else anymore as it just doesn't last

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

MAC MAKES the best EYE LID PRIMER. I swear, your makeupw ill no longer come off until you elect to take it off. don't have faith me? head on your community MAC keep or MAC makeup counter (in a branch keep) to ask them to attempt it out on you. you will come again to purchase it in case you like it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Laura Mercier has some great primers

• 1 decade ago

I usually just use my foundation to prime my eyelids. That way I don't have to go and buy twenty different products for the different parts of my face!

• 1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

Beauticontrol sells a great one! I have used it for a year now, and I love it!

• 1 decade ago

mary kay. it lasts al day (and then some!)

Source(s): personal use and use of friends
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.