How do you get old gum out of your carpet?

I was rearranging my living room today and I found some old gum that's been mushed into my carpet. I don't know what color it used to be, but it's black now. Any SERIOUS suggestions on how to get it out?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi the only way I can think of getting it out which is same as if it gets onto clothes. get a bag of ice or frozen veg anything out of your freezer place it onto it for a while then scrape off. It will take a while to get it so hard enough to get up but it does work. with clothes you would place in freezer for ten mins or so.

Source(s): tried and tested
  • 4 years ago

Gum Out Of Carpet

• clutts
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Remove Gum From Carpet

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

to remove the stain whip up 1 egg white , lay over the stain for 10-15 min´s , then with a blunt knife scrape a little , I suggest you don´t use a brush as it breaks the fiber´in the carpet . Once the stain has been lifted , use some of your own hair shampoo to clean , it works just as good as carpet shampoo, rinse well . Now lay a towel with a heavy object on top , this will help dry up any water from the underside of the carpet , leave like this over night allow to dry with natural air. You might find this part of the carpet will have to be cleaned again at some stage, as sooner or later the water mark always reaches the surface. Happy Easter

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

1. Place an ice cube in a baggie.

2. Put ice on gum in carpet.

3. Wait until gum completely freezes.

4. Scrape gum from carpet using a dull knife, such as a butter knife.

• 1 decade ago

This may sound weird however

Peanut Butter helps gum get out of your carpet of hair

as well as ice.

• fushia
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

try putting an ice cube on it to freeze it then it should come out quite easily

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bah! Chewing gum's got to be chewed out.

Source(s): Groundskeeper Willie.
  • 1 decade ago

use a ice cube freeze it scrape off with plastic spatula

• 1 decade ago

just cut it out,, it wont be that big of a deal and no one will notice,, trust me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.