Atheists....?

this is a verse from Holy Quran about embroyology and you tell me how some one other than God wouldve known this 1400 hundred years ago. "Subsequently, we produced him from a tiny drop, that is placed into a well protected repository. then we developed the drop into a hanging(embryo), then developed the hanging (embryo) into a bite-size (fetus), then created the bite-size(fetus) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh. we thus created a new creature. most blessed is God, the best creator, then, later on, you die. then, on the day of resurrection, you will be resurrected. [Quran 23:12-16]. Embroyologists also agree with this verse.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"then created the bite-size(fetus) into bones, then covered the bones with flesh."

Doesn't sound very scientific to me. There's no point when a fetus is just a collection of bones. And it claims that the zygote is from the male gamete only. This isn't true.

If that's God, then He doesn't know much about how babies are made.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is the epitome of misinterpretation.

Here is your verse without the misdirections that you have added:

We created man from the purest kind of clay; then made him a drop in a secure receptacle; then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be God, the Best of Creators! Then subsequently you will certainly die. Then on the Day of Rising you will be raised again. (Qur'an, 23: 12-16)

First of all, it starts with clay... They are wrong already!!! Then it says that a clot will turn into lump and lump into bones. Sorry, but any biologist will dispute that. The outer layer is formed first, not the bones. Then stating the obvious that we will die after we are born is preaching to the ignorant!!! A big "Duh" is in order on that one.

• Peace
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I am afraid I dont get it

does someone have to be an Embryologist to understand that from a tiny seed a baby grows ?

because that is all it is basically saying

my kids know this

• Brad
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

flesh comes before bones actually.

are the words in parenthesis (embryo and fetus) from the text, or are they inserted?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Quran is a ridiculous book written by delusional people.

• Tim 47
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

maybe all the bellies of pregnant women ripped open by the swords of Islam over the years enabled them to say this,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't need divine inspiration to find out about reproduction, you need reason and objective evidence, which interestingly enough are the very things which refute religious belief.

• 1 decade ago

Not an Atheist, but this seems like your reaching......putting your own words into the Quran..........

• 1 decade ago

Its was called a mustard seed by Jesus, big deal, tell me something new.

• 1 decade ago

The same way we know these things now. They looked. Plenty of dead people to study, same as now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.