Nikki
Lv 6
Nikki asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

Can't access a web site... getting this message...?

Trying to get to brainfall.com... I got on earlier and did a test... posted in on Facebook.

Tried to get back on it, and I'm recieving an error message that reads:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an error document to handle the request."

Any help with the meaning of this message is very much appreciated.

Thank You!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your Web server thinks that the HTTP data stream sent by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) was correct, but access to the resource identified by the URL is forbidden for some reason.

This indicates a fundamental access problem, which may be difficult to resolve because the HTTP protocol allows the Web server to give this response without providing any reason at all. So the 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by your Web server - with no further discussion allowed.

By far the most common reason for this error is that directory browsing is forbidden for the Web site. Most Web sites want you to navigate using the URLs in the Web pages for that site. They do not often allow you to browse the file directory structure of the site. For example try the following URL (then hit the 'Back' button in your browser to return to this page):

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Hi Nikki!

My name is Paul S. I'm one of the people that helped start Brainfall.com (I'm listed in the about section).

You couldn't access our site because our server was overloaded. We actually had a huge number of people visiting and have just now gotten back to capacity, although we are still working to make sure it is never down again.

Thank you for your interest in our site. We hope you enjoy it! If you have any suggestions or comments on how we can improve it please let us know, thanks!

Paul

• 1 decade ago

It worked ok for me. Make sure the address starts with http: NOT https. Also try adding the www. at the beginning. If that doesn't work, go to Tools/Internet options flush your browser history and try again.

• 3 years ago

the two...that's a real scam. no person is giving you funds on line once you never even signed up for something. no person is giving you funds for forwarding e mail. and you will no longer get an Xbox/Playstation/Ipod/BMW for shooting a aim in a internet advert.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can't put random HTML on facebook like you can on myspace. Its not allowed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try again later....it happens to weak computer systems

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.