When I open a Word document on my computer and I type a few lines. I have problems erasing, I should be able t

When I open a Word document on my computer and I type a few lines. I have problems erasing, I should be able to hold down the delete button and have the curser run the length of the line deleting it or I should be able to hold the backspace button down and have the curser race backwards.

But they will not do this and I have to keep taping the delete or back button, also when I highlight a word and I click the delete button nothing happens, I have to hit the backspace button to delete the highlighted word.

I think I have a problem with the setting in the options can any one tell me how to fix this or set it properly, some screen shots would be good.

Thank you.

• alpha
    Favorite Answer

To fix the problem with the highlighted text not deleting, click on the Tools menu and choose Options. Under the Edit tab click on 'Typing replaces selection', there should be a tick mark in front of it. Now when you highlight text and click the Backspace button the text will be deleted.

Try highlighting what you want to delete, then just tap the backspace key. This works for me, hope it does for you.

I think you need to check you keyboard settings as well, just to be sure:

Start / Control Panel

Keyboard

"Repeat delay" can be set to the second last marker and

"Repeat rate" can be set to all the way on the fast side.

• silman

there is an replace you are able to acquire from Microsoft that helps backwards compatibility with workplace 2003, you are able to desire to have your IT branch setting up it for you. i understand its a soreness huh? i think of Microsoft incredibly srewed up with all 07 products.