Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Brownie toppings anyone?

any recipes for brownie toppings like frostings etc...

• ?
    Favorite Answer

TOPPINGS:

SNICKERS®

Peppe rmint patties

Almond Joy

Anything you like

Prepare brownie mix as directed, and put it in the pan. Then put candy bar chunks on top, any kind you like. SNICKERS® (with the toffee caramel and nuts), peppermint patties, and Almond Joy (with added almond pieces), are really good, but anything you like should be fine. Under cook the brownies a couple of minutes so they're fudgy.

Source(s): tastes so good and is unique
  • Cass M

I like to make a simple ganache recipe, with a little bit of Brandy stirred in. Some Walnuts or pecans added would be good too.

7 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate (I prefer 70% cocoa)

1/2 cup heavy cream

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons brandy

Directions:

Melt chocolate, cream, butter, and brandy together until smooth. Allow to cool a little before spreading liberally over brownies.

You can also try stirring a full 15oz can of cherry pie filling into the mix. It doesn't even need a topping then because the cherries are throughout the brownies. It also makes them very moist. You may have to bake them a little longer if you do this though.

Brownies WITH toppings??? C'mon, guys...........aren't brownies decadant enough just by themselves?? Every time I eat a brownie I feel like I'm sinning......at least the ones I make.....I got the recipe from the Food Channel, foodtv.com, and it's Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa's recipe......These are definately the ultimate brownie recipe........Try this one, and you'll definately committ it to memory........

1 pound unsalted butter

1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided

6 ounces unsweetened chocolate

6 extra-large eggs

3 tablespoons instant coffee powder

2 tablespoons real vanilla extract

2 1/4 cups sugar

1 1/4 cups flour, divided- 1 cup for batter and 1/4 cup in the chips and nuts

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon kosher salt

3 cups diced walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.

Melt together the butter, 1 pound chocolate chips, and bitter chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.

Stir together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and chocolate chips with 1/4 cup flour to coat. Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Halfway through the baking, rap the pan against the oven shelf to allow air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into squares

This will make you look like a baking genius!! Enjoy!!

Christopher

Source(s): Once I saw her make this on Barefoot Contessa, I made them 2 days later.......the best!!!!

My kids like ice cream topped with that hard shell topping. You can use any ice cream toppings for your brownies. Carmel or butterscotch with some nuts. Also, you can melt chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or any other flavor chips on top of brownies. Also a mixture of marshmallows, choc chips, M & M's and some nuts. Toss back in oven for a few minutes.

Can of chocolate frosting mix in chopped pecans and miniature marshmallows. Makes a great topping for brownies.

My mom used to just mix a little bit of milk with confectioner's sugar and drizzle it on. Or, if the brownies are still in the pan, cover them with about an inch of little marshmallows, then cover that with homemade chocolate sauce and broil it for a few moments to melt the marshmallows. It's really yummy.

• N323

1 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup cocoa powder

1/4 cup milk

3 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a saucepan over med heat combine butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa. Melt, and bring to a boil. Boil hard one minute only. Remove from heat, add vanilla. let cool slightly, stir and beat.

Pour over brownies.

I like mine with chopped toffe pieces on top, or worthers caramel chews. Just place on the brownie during the last 2 minutes or so of cooking and leave them like that.

Mix chocolate frosting & peanut butter.

Mmmm... peanut butter...

my favorite....peanut butter and marshmallow cream....it's like a fluffernutter on a brownie! yum!