Do you have any positive stereotype about any ethnic group?

Yes, my question might feel like racist, however, I feel that positive stereotyping is more visible than negative, and can be a cause of wrong judgement about individuals. However, I find this kind of stereotyping interesting and I think this phenomenon can be used to create unity and mutual respect between different people.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Honey, your question is in no way affiliated with racism. I see just the opposite actually. You're evoking positive responses, and that's a good thing....It's about time a good genuine, positive question like this came up...Yes, there are positive stereotypes. I'll try to name a few of what I know...

1. Black people - smart, cultured, rhythmic, (dancing, singing), love Jesus, hard-workers, humorous, lively, nicely shaped

2. White people - smart, go-getters, optimistic, don't show a lot of anger, helpful, pretty eyes

3. Middle Easterners - smart, nice (I don't know that many of them)

4. Asians - smart, nice, mild tempered, know kung fu (lol), don't get fat (except if they are sumo wrestlers), got good food, smile all the time, pretty faces

5. Mexicans - nice, extremely hard workers, helpful, family- oriented, good cooks

6. Latina/Latinos - very pretty, cute accent, fiesty (in a good way), helpful, nice bodies, good dancers

7. Native Americans - smart, mild tempered, very pretty, very pretty hair, don't have facial or body hair

Source(s): That's all I can think of for now. I don't know too many ethnic groups since I'm from a really small town in the South. I'm black by the way...
  • 1 decade ago

The positive stereotypes I grew up with were that "Asians are devoted, accomplished students"..."Black people have musical talent to rival the gods"..."Europeans dominate fashion"...etc. etc. I don't think stereotypes are neccessarily true, but they can indicate a strength within a particular culture. It's also subjective to someone's experiences, though. I saw someone say that black people can cook really well. Be that as it may, if someone asked me which culture made the best food, I would probably say either South or Southeast Asians. That's only because I like that kind of food. Someone else might say French. Another person may say Mexican food is best. Music is another subjective one. I love Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald. This perpetuates my view that black musicians are exceptionally talented. I happen to like a lot of black musicians. Also, I live in a region of the country where the vast majority of exchange students are Asian, and most are very accomplished academically. I think each person's stereotypes are fully dependant upon their individual frame of reference.

• 1 decade ago

i love your question..thank you. for me indians are beautiful, humorous, and love to dance. asians are connected to their nature, funny, sweet, shy. caucasians have a magical eyes, adventurous, calm. europeans are witty, pretty focused on their work and helpful. americans are open minded, popular, and amusing.latins are attractive, loyal and hard working.

there's a lot of ethnic group, sorry if i missed one.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Indians (Asian) are maddd smart, i dont know if it is a stereotype, cause i dont know the whole population, but most of the ones i have met are infact madd smart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

white bwaiss like to bungee jump

• 1 decade ago

Black people can cook and sing.

• 1 decade ago

great question - I like the way you think....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah that's true indians, pakistanians, and asians are smart as hell.

• 1 decade ago

Asians are made of candy and chinese people can fly!

Source(s): for short distances.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.