Can my divorce be granted while I am pregnant in the state of Missouri?

Can I only file for divorce or will the judge let me get divorced if my husband doesnt dispute the paternity of the baby? My "husband" knows the baby is my boyfriends of a year now, he says he won't say anything if I dont, but we are fighting for custody of the kids too. If I get custody now can he go back later and say "she was pregnant and lied- give me the kids!"?

• Blunt
    Favorite Answer

NO. In the state of Missouri a pregnant woman CANNOT and will NOT be granted a divorce until the child is born, regardless of who is the father of the child.

Again, This is MISSOURY FAMILY LAW which states that pregnant women will not be granted a divorce. A required question during Divorce proceedings is "Are you pregnant or suspect that you are pregnant" . If the answer is yes, then by law, the divorce proceedings will be postponed until the child is born.

Good luck

I really am not for sure about whether or not they will let you, but Missouri is a no-fault state. Which means that you committing adultery can not be used against you during a divorce. I would tell the judge that you are pregnant. Having to wait a few more months is better than possibly loosing custody of your kids later.

by no ability heard that earlier, which you will possibly be able to desire to no longer get a divorced because of the fact your pregnant. yet then I stay in a state that this is a one twelve months seperation era earlier you will possibly be granted a divorce. what's the size of seperation that your state demands, you have already had the toddler. i do no longer advise abortion, even if, in the experience that your no longer satisfied having the toddler, provide it up for adoption. Alot of folk elect to have young little ones, yet then lower back you didnt' say something approximately no longer desiring the toddler, you reported you basically needed "it" over with and that i presumed you meant the marriage. yet once you do elect to maintain the toddler, then enable him have the divorce and flow on with you and the toddler. then courtroom will particularly start up with custody of the toddler. this is going to certainly be an prolonged technique....good success!

Well in Cali where I live they wont give me a divorce until after the baby is born. I'm pregnant and seperated but I have to stay seperated until after the birth.

In Virginia if you are pregnant with your "boyfriend" or the person you cheated with the divorce can move quicker--because usually there is a waiting period if kids are involved but, when one "commits adultery" which is illegal in VA, and and you have hard proof ie a pregnancy, then they finalize quicker, not sure if Missouri has a similar law.

sorry no