K A asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Pregnancy and Pseudotumor Cerebri or IH?

I'm now 15 weeks pregnant with my first chld. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with PTC( Pseudotumor Cerebri) also known as IH (intercranial Hypertension). I went into remession last year. I stopped the meds Diamox around 8/06 and became pregnant 1-07. I have been without symptoms since that time when I stopped meds. Now I'm noticing that the blurry vision and headaches are returning again and I fear that I have this problem again. I have made an appt. but I have to wait a couple of weeks to get in to see the Dr. Does anyone know anything about PTC or IH during pregnancy? I haven't been able to find much info on the web. Has anyone experienced this? Please any info is a help... Thanks

Favorite Answer

Oh my GOD - I had the same experience - they could not figure out what was causing my problem, PTC or IH - It turns out the neurologist diagnosed me with Basillar artery migraines. I just stopped my meds in November and got pregnant in January. Yesterday the headache and blurry vision was so bad I stayed in bed all day. It is awful....

What will you do about it??? I have no idea what do about mine - I just cannot see going back on meds while pregnant. Guess I will be spending lots of time in bed,....

Sorry I wasn't helpful but at least you know you are not alone!

• zeitz

Pseudotumor Cerebri is declared as this because of the fact it acts and walks like a tumor, in spite of the undeniable fact that it is not one. The on the component of literal translation could be "fake techniques tumor". this is commonest in lady between the age of 20 and 50. indicators can comprise problems, nausea (and vomiting) and a pulsating "noise" on your head. drugs could be used to chop back the fluid buildup which motives the indications, in specific situations a shunt is used from the techniques to the tummy to empty the extra beneficial fluid. Left untreated, it could carry approximately everlasting innovative and prescient loss because of the stress on the optic (eye) nerves.