Danie asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How can I find if employer is blocking me from accessing my work email at home?

I've always been able to access my work email at home, through a secure site. Recently, I have not been able to access the secure site nor the company web page. I have asked the web master and boss at work and they told me that it must be my computer, but I am suspicious. How can I find out if it's something wrong with my computer or if it's my employer blocking me. I have tried using a proxy and am able to access the company wepage. But when accessing the secure site for the emails I am only able to pull up the skeleton (per say). I cannot view any of the emails or make any activity.

Favorite Answer

It's probably your computer. Bosses usually don't mind their employees accessing work related email on their own time. This is like free money to your boss.

Have you made any changes lately like updating to Vista, reformatting, adding any new programs like Antivirus, Antispyware etc.?

When is the last time you cleaned your computer? A large Browser Cache can cause many problems with accessing website/pages.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>General tab> Delete the Temp Files, Cookies, and Clear the History.

In IE7: after the General tab go to the Delete button in Browsing History section> in this window delete those Items.

It sounds like your browser might be missing an add-on that is required to view your webmail interface. That or your company email requires a specific port in which to send your email through. For example- I have to set one of my email accounts to send mail on port 587 because my ISP uses the usual port 23 for their own mail and dont let others through.

wow they must have either screwed it up but i highly doubt it because they should have gotten a lot of questions from the other employees then checked it out. or they dont like you(not to be mean) or it is your comp but i highly doubt that too. OR they put a different server on it that your comp cant get on too. if im wrong then im really srry but thats my opinion.just keep asking them.if they keep blowing you off then get your boss to come to your house and show him/her whats happening.

• tickle

assume it each and every of the time. it is not [in basic terms] pernicious, it is the in charge factor for them to do. If somebody did something incorrect, ever, then digital mail is between the 1st places the regulation and attorneys desire to look. all of us comprehend you're no longer doing something incorrect, yet what approximately that guy in delivery? in the event that they are snooping his messages they are doing yours too [it is executed by potential of computers]. I used to run a community. I made it sparkling to each new person: each and every little thing you variety, each and every message you deliver, each and every internet internet site you pass to, i will see it. the e-mail belongs to the business enterprise. each and every little thing you deliver or acquire is the business enterprise's components, and that they're going to look at it any time they desire. Even emails on your mom and your lady chum. in case you do something incorrect that hurts the business enterprise it may propose all our jobs, no longer in elementary terms yours. in no way had any problems...

If this is a genuine problem, your webmaster will be willing to give you advice on sorting it out, if he isn't it still doesn't really prove anything, but I would then think again.

most likely they have it screwed up and dont even know it ...