Are there any plans to create a lightsaber-based Star Wars Game for the Nintendo Wii?

You all know and love the Wii I'm sure - but are there currently any plans to develop a lightsaber based Star Wars game for the Nintendo Wii?

Favorite Answer

ah, sorry to everyone who said "no", but there actually are plans to do that. go to wookieepedia, it'll tell you what you want to know.

In an interview with some LucasArts insiders, he said that there are developments under war.

Click on link below

No plans for such a game are in the works that I know of but I am sure the idea has been toyed with my the people at Lucas Arts as it would be an incredible game I am sure and is what many a star wars fan has been waiting for ever since the first star wars game ever released. if they are planning on making one I think they will wait a while for other developers and nintendo to unlock the full power of the Wii and the developer tools to make the Wiimote more precise and fine tune the graphics and visual effects as it would be a game they would like to do well with. I would say give it 2 years tops and if we dont see one or hear about one in that time then I doubt that there will ever be one

As of yet, no. There are Star Wars games that is coming out for the Wii. The one coming out to the 360 and PS3 is called The Force Unleashed which takes place after episode III and before episode IV. Pretty much the plot is about you being Darth Vader's apprentice and your job is to wipe out the remaining Jedi. There is a possibility that you can play it the other way around, being the last remnant of the remaining Jedi council you struggle for survival.

If you can just wait a little longer, I know you will not be disappointed. Star Wars, and Lucasfilm are not being platform specific so it might be a while until a Star Wars game is created exclusively for the wii, and the wii-mote. Clouded the future is.

That is a really good question, i wonder if Lucas Entertaiment will create a game based on lightsaber movements maybe RPG or just lightsaber duels. but that is a good question.

i think there is cause a third party bundle is comin out that has a tennis racket, a golf club, a baseball bat and a lightsaber i think it's a company that makes virtual reality games i can't find the name but i saw it! well i saw one and when i find it i'll e-mail it to you

not that i kno of but man that would be so sweet of a game... i can see it now me beating the **** of out darth vader with a blue lightsaber and a first-person camera angle. haha