Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Who thinks Johnny Depp should have one for Edward Scissorhands and Pirates.?

I think it is an outrage that he did not win either Academy Award for best actor...he was GREAT in Edward Scissorhands you didnt even know it was Johnny Depp, and everytime I see a picture of Jack Sparrow I believe there is really a Jack Sparrow. That is what makes a GREAT actor.

Best Answer

Johnny should have one what???? Im pretty sure he has one of whatever you are talking about.

• amelie

I couldn't agree more!!! He's a brilliant actor! Can only compare him to the greatest - Marlon Brando, Robert de Niro, Al Patsino, sir Laurens Olivier.

But you see in Hollywood they don't like people who are different... they can't handle them! So I won't be surprised if he never gets an Oscar.

He's deserved it in so many movies: Edward Scissorhands(played with his expressions), Ed Wood(a masterpiece of a performance), Sleepy Hollow(nobody would think to play that role as a scared little girl), Finding Neverland(subtle and delicate acting) Pirates 1(crazy, drunk, dizzy), Charlie and the chocolate factory(fresh way of acting) and the Libertine(sarcastic, dynamic, sexual)

He should definitely have one for Edward Scissorhands. That was an amazing movie, and Johnny was incredible!

The Academy really doesn't like the kinds of movie he makes, or these kinds of characters. Also, when a movie has huge box office success, such as Pirates, they feel that is reward enough so they often look to smaller, more artsy films and actors.

Edward scissorhands is one of the greatest movies ever made, so i completely agree with you, I'm not so sure about Pirates, i mean it was good, but his character was more difficult in Scissorhands

I definately agree with you, there. Johnny Depp is made of awesome, and he's so very talented...

Omg i totally agree .

hes my obsession right now !

he`s the most amazingg actor & he can morph into these diff. characters so well !

& i totally agree ! He should have won an award for it !

he`s just totally amazingg (:

I totally agree.

I agree completely, he is an amazing actor and he's also hot...I love him sooo much!

yes i believe that he shud have got one for the films but he didnt