Could I possibly be pregnant?

Ok I am not very good with keeping up with my periods but I know when i do and don't have them. I had a normal period in mid feb. and mid march but nothing in april. I took a test at the end of april and got a strange result so was not sure waited a week and took one at the first of may bought a digital so I would be sure anyways took the test and it said pregnant I hear those are pretty accurate so I thought for sure I was but it was a two pack so I took the other one which said I was not so back to square one not knowing. I just decided to see what happend two days later I started my period I think it was kinda strange though only lasted three days and was more clots than blood have not taken a test since because I tried to write it off as not pregnant to keep from being disappointed but is there a chance that i could be pregnant I have this strange nagging feeling that I am but no real symptoms

Favorite Answer

Generally speaking if the home pregnancy tests say you are pregnant, you are. They generally error in stating that one is not pregnant when they actually are. It would be best for you to go to your doctor to have a blood test, and then they can help you in making sure that you are healthy.

"Q: How accurate are home pregnancy tests on the first day of a missed period?

A: An October 2001 JAMA article (JAMA. 2001;286:1759-1761) said the highest possible screening sensitivity for an hCG-based pregnancy test conducted on the first day of a missed period is 90 percent, as 10 percent of women may not have implanted yet. The authors estimate that the highest possible screening sensitivity of a home pregnancy test by one week after the first day of the missed period is 97 percent."

"Risks

There are no problems with collecting a urine sample for a home pregnancy test. However, there may be a chance that you read the results wrong. With any home pregnancy test, if the test shows you are pregnant (positive test), you should see your health professional to confirm the test and arrange follow-up care. If the test does not show you are pregnant (negative test), it is still possible that you may actually be pregnant. You should repeat the test in one week if your menstrual period has not started. If the repeat test is negative, probably you are not pregnant, but you should talk to your health professional about why you are not having periods.

If you have missed a menstrual period and have lower abdominal pain, call your health professional immediately even if the pregnancy test is negative. You may have an ectopic (or tubal) pregnancy, which occurs when a fertilized egg attaches somewhere other than in the uterus. An ectopic pregnancy could burst a fallopian tube and lead to serious medical problems."

The best way to find out if you are pregnant or not is to just go see the doctor. I know how you feel with the not knowing. I remember when I thought I was pregnant. I just had a feeling and I knew that you have to wait a week after you miss your periiod to get an accurate reading from a pregnancy test. So I had to wait a whole month without knowing! Well, it turned out that I was pregnant. I now have a beautiful little boy!!! So my advice to you is to go see your doctor.

Symptoms are overratted cause you can still have a period while pregant. I know I did for the first 2 months but hey just chedck again later. And as for keeping up with your periods try www.mymonthlycycles.com it helps. It will let you know your fertile days, when your next/last period is/was and and track all your period symptoms. Good luck

Source(s): www.mymonthlycycles.com

first to determine if your pregnant is to know when was the last sexual contact, was it done during your fertility period? if it was, then most likely your are pregnant. Second is to know your age? if you are in your late 30's or mid 40's then probably you are experiencing change in menstrual cycle or hormonal imbalance, this is the result of minimal blood discharge that oftentimes mistaken as if you are pregnant...the best way to know if you are really pregnant is to see your ob-gyne so that the doctor would know if you are really pregnant or there is something wrong with your system.

Source(s): Personal opinion

Well... if you started your period, and it was clotting, it sounds like you may have had a miscarriage. I would go to the doctor to find out for sure, but the egg may not have taken and your pregnancy might have just.. ended. I'm sorry if that happened, but please schedule a dr's appointment to make sure everything is alright!!

you may have an std. my advice go see a gyno asap. sometimes u can be pregnant and get a peroid. a urine test done by a doctor is the surest way to know.

• eb

the human body is stragne. i got my period regularly for 2 months into my first pregnancy. if you arent sure...see a dr!! good luck!

I WOULD GO SEE THE DOCTOR AND HAVE BLOOD WORK DONE JUST TO BE SAFE GOOD LUCK HON

Magic 8 balls says...

Try again later....

Call the Dr...