Problems installing office 2003 on windows vista home premium?

I had purchased a copy of office 2003 professional edition from overseas and it ended up being a copy of the real deal, but I was provided w/ a product key and the disc has worked on every computer i've tried it on. However, when i tried to install it onto my vista home premium laptop, i selected what i wanted to install from the disc's menu, and i got an error about my needing to be "elevated"? I thought it meant that i needed to be a computer administrator, but i checked and i was, so im not really sure what the problem is. I'm sorry I dont know the exact words of the error message, but any assistance at all would be helpful, because I reaaaaally don't want to have to spend another few hundred bucks on office 2007. Thanks in advance!!!!

• VinceY
    Best Answer

Contrary to some beliefs, I am running Office 2003 professional on Vista Home Premium and it is running fine. You mentioned that you have a copy. I'm not sure what sort of copy you have and whether the product key you're using is still a valid one or not. It would be helpful if you can try installing it again, but this time taking note of the error message and posting that message here. You can also email it to me through Y!Answers.

windows vista is only compatible with office 2007. so sorry your had spent all that extra money but the last operating system to be compatible with office 2003 was windows XP.

you need to be elevated meant you need to upgrade to office 2007.

I think Vista has already checks build in for blacklisted keys.

you're screwed. windows office is not compatible with vista. you'll have to get a newer version of windows office. like, 2007

u can just download it off torrents, microsoft 2007 office, it works fine. they generate cd keys also........

Welcome to MS Upgrade Lockin(tm).

Vista works differently to XP, due to its "improved security". Any programs written for XP will not work on Vista.

Try Open Office, it's open source and free. No guarantees though.