My Vauhaull Astra loses power and a light with a car and spanner comes on.?

Can this be rectified easily?. It only does it every now and then and when i turn the ignition off and back on again it clears the problem.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

it sounds like the engine management is finding a fault and the loss of power is the computer going into get you home mode. It will need the car plugged into a vauxhall computer to find the fault i would get this done a.s.a.p

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi there I have an astra and the spanner means it needs a service and losing power is a sign that your car needs a service.

• 1 decade ago

The e c u is running the car on limp mode ,hence loss of power ,however it will not do so for ever ,it will shut down all programmes ,very dear to reinstate ,the spanner symbolises service needed urgent ,dont delay the soft ware is designed to assisst not repair

• 1 decade ago

Your Astra needs attention soon. The light is a warning, but it could be as simple as needing a service, but it could be something that could develop into something mighty expensive. Drive gently until you get it looked at.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The light usually means that the service interval is up, And is time for the car to have a service.

The light has to be reset to stop it happening. Read your owners manual, it may say how to reset the light yourself. But i would get the car serviced soon.

Hope it helps you

• In need of a service.Thats what the spanner means.

• 1 decade ago

ive had this happen when i was driving it came up i stopped the engine and restarted it and it went. if yours keeps coming up take it to a garage

• ????
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It means mechanical fault and needs to go to garage!

• 1 decade ago

IT'S TELLING YOU THAT IT IS REQUIRING A SERVICE.

Take it in ASAP. It may be due a cam belt depending upon the mileage, but don't tempt fate.

• sparky
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

MY hubby says it is the service light

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.