Il Divo - Massively Over-rated? Incredibly Talented?

What's your opinion on this group?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Il Divo is massively overrated. We can thank Oprah for them. I actually caught that episode...Big mistake.

Whether as a group or individually, they don't bring anything to the table. I don't really consider them musicians. They don't compose or arrange anything that they sing, and they don't communicate the things they are given to see.

From a purely vocal standpoint, none of them bring anything unique to music. They don't even have a true genre. They are NOT opera singers or in the classical genre. "Popera" does not count because classical singers will not claim them and pop musicians don't accept them.

Not a single one has an identifiable voice. Whether it's pop music or classical music, a vocalist needs a distinctive sound. When Justin Timberlake is on the radio, you know it's him. When Luciano Pavarotti sings, you know it's him. Il Divo just sounds like four generic and mediocre lyric baritones getting together trying to outsing each other.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

They are individually talented, but immensely overrated as a group.

Their voices and vibratos clash terribly. They are just a lame attempt at recreating the Three Tenors phenomenon. Not to mention that a lot of their song choices are horrific.

• 1 decade ago

I have to agree with everyone here, that on their own there is no doubt they can sing, but together its just wrong!

I really hate classical musicians singing songs from musicals and pop songs, its just not good!

Saying that I wouldn't mind being a couple of pennies behind them!!

• 1 decade ago

as individual singers, they are pretty talented

as a group, they are massively over rated. sorry, you just do NOT want an operatically trained tenor singing "Somewhere". It doesnt work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Unfortunately, once you take away the fancy suits, the sleek hairstyles...massively overrated.

• 1 decade ago

i think they are talented but i hate the old fashioned style

Simon Cowell made it so it got to be boaring and british

But they have good voices

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.