If illegal do not pay taxes?

Why Americans create W7 form?

Update:

General Instructions

Purpose of Form

Use Form W-7 to apply for an IRS individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN). An ITIN is a nine-digit number issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to individuals who are required for U.S. tax purposes to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not

have, and are not eligible to obtain, a social security number (SSN). Who Must Apply Any individual who is not eligible to obtain an SSN but who must furnish a taxpayer identification number must apply for an ITIN on Form W-7. Examples include the following. c An alien individual eligible to be claimed as a dependent on a U.S. tax return but who is not eligible to obtain an SSN. To determine if an alien individual is eligible to be claimed as a dependent on a U.S. tax return, see Pub. 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information, and Pub. 519. c An alien spouse eligible to be claimed as an exemption o a U.S. tax

7 Answers

Relevance
  • NONAME
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually they do. They get a tax id number and pay taxes that way. The reasons are so they can prove they have been here and its easier to get citizenship that way. They have to establish their time here. The majority do pay taxes.

Source(s): I work in taxes, accounting, and immigration in Huntington Park, CA (LITTLE MEXICO)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, 2/3 of illegal immigrants pay taxes. The fact is, even after the taxes they pay, they still cost the federal government over 10 billion dollars per year.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you work, illegal or legal, and your employer deducted taxes from your paycheck you have paid taxes. Unless, of course, you filed a return and got a refund = to your withholding.

• 1 decade ago

That's for legal resident & non-resident aliens & thier spouses, I believe.

Edit: I just looked it up on www.irs.gov. The form asks for visa, passport, and/or USCIS documentation.

Here is the link to view the W7:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw7.pdf

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • whiz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The W-7 form was NOT created for illegal aliens....as steddy said.

IT was created for resident and non-resident aliens, NEITHER OF WHICH IS HERE ILLEGALLY.

• 1 decade ago

"If illegal do not pay taxes?"

Illegals do pay taxes they just do not get any back from the government get your facts straight.

• 1 decade ago

if ignorance is bliss,then you must be in heaven!

Source(s): 'I PLEDGE ALLIGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA''
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.