Could I be depressed?

I would prefer someone with experience with this type of thing to answer this question. If you think that's you, could you email me? ((xxid_bleed_4uxx@yahoo.com))

I have a word document to send you about what I think might be symptoms. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

No on can diagnose you except a mental health professional in a clinical interview. Period. If you are trying to get up your courage to go, I would encourage you to print your file and take it to one on your first appointment. You may click on my profile if you wish to mail it to me. I am not a professional. I have had the coursework on the DSM and diagnostic methods so that I know how it is done, but I cannot diagnose. I can give you feedback however on what types of disorders have symptoms you describe, such as anxiety, mood, thought disorder, disruptive disorder, trauma etc.

Free screenings at Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: http://www.dbsalliance.org/ and choose learn about depression and bipolar disorder

From their website:

Symptoms of depression - the "lows" of bipolar disorder

• Significant changes in appetite and sleep patterns

• Prolonged sadness or unexplained crying spells

• Irritability, anger, worry, agitation, anxiety

• Pessimism, indifference

• Loss of energy, persistent lethargy

• Feelings of guilt, worthlessness

• Inability to concentrate, indecisiveness

• Inability to take pleasure in former interests, social withdrawal

• Unexplained aches and pains

• Recurring thoughts of death or suicide

If you or someone you know has thoughts of death or suicide, contact a medical professional, clergy member, loved one, friend or hospital emergency room or call 1-800-273-8255 (TALK), 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or 911 immediately.

Source(s): BA in Psychology, Mental Health Consumer and Advocate
  • I am not a medical professional, but I have been diagnosed with depression. If you'd like to contact me, click on my profile.

well if your sleeping too much or having mood swings. avoiding people and or family not eating a lot. those are some of the signs of despression.