What is the difference between a male spoon and a female spoon?

Someone from my church took a restaurant cooking class and was asked to draw this on an exam. So... what is the difference?

• CubCur
    Favorite Answer

This is an old term from prof. kitchens of yesteryear, and it's rarely used nowadays, but the 'male' spoon is a spoon as you know and love it, and a 'female' spoon is a slotted or perforated one. :-/

Female Spoon

• Dave C

I would think a "male" spoon is actually a fork and a female spoon is a spoon.

Fork is used to poke things and a spoon holds things.

That's as far as I'll go with this answer.

My alternative answer is that female spoon is the nice shiny one, while the male spoon is the one that's beat-up and worn from doing all of the daily work.

I've never heard this before. (Sure they weren't joking?) However, my best guess is that a soup spoon is male because it's bigger. And maybe the female one is like a normal spoon or a long iced tea spoon. Smaller and thinner. This is just a pure guess!

• The male spoon is the one that is being nagged. The female spoon is the one doing the nagging. :)

female spoon is that type of spoon which have hole . other is male.

hard matter. lookup on to the search engines. that could help!