skinny dipping on campgrounds?

me and a few friends wanted to go camping this summer in wisconsin, and we were wondering if it's legal to go skinny dipping... and where would we find somewhere to do that without anyone around to see us?

Favorite Answer

Go to the nude beach at Mazomanie. Otherwise, rent a cabin at a lake (you have many options for this in Wisconsin) and jump in. If you go somewhere up north, you will probably be able to find a cabin that is fairly secluded. Also, a number of northern WI lakes have islands with campsites on them that you can reserve. You can have the whole small island to yourself. I know there are a few places like this in the Minocqua area.

I think it's kind of like the old imponderable: "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make any sound?" *grin* If you go skinny dipping, and you're careful enough to pick a secluded spot where no rangers or other "authorities" will see you, then it doesn't really matter whether it's legal or not.

The only places I KNOW public nudity is illegal is within the boundaries of cities and towns. In unincorporated places in the wilderness, I don't know what laws, if any, apply. But again, I think as long as you use good judgement, and make sure you're truly in a PRIVATE area, I really don't think you need to worry about getting in trouble. :)

P.S. Skinny dipping is not my cup of tea, but I know several people who've done it, and so far none have had any trouble.

If you are looking to go skinny dipping but don't want to be caught, may I suggest not doing it in a public place, like campground..... Seems logical to me.

As for where it is legal to do it, I live in Canada so I can't help you.... but I would think unless you go to a nudist park you won't be able to legally do it anywhere that's public.... you could find a topless beach but that still requires you to have bottoms on and I'm not sure if they have those in the States but they have a few in Ontario.

Good luck.

it's ok if u go skinny dipping if you're with a lotta girls...but if ur guys....not so much!