Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

I'm getting a tattoo of two hockey sticks crossed and a puck, what else can i add..?

The puck is going in the middle open space between the sticks on the bottom. I like more than just one team so I don't want a team name or numbers or anything. I want a word or something to go underneath it, but I'm not creative. I have always used "hockeygirl" as a nickname, was thinking about that with a little heart on each side of it, is that too cheesey to put my nickname there? Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answer

Hockeygirl is probably something you wouldn't want there in twenty years, my suggestion would be to put a goalie mask or something clever pertaining to hockey.

I like "Donate blood. Play hockey."

Depending on the size of your tattoo...I wouldn't make it too busy. If it's too busy and complicated, it ends up being a blob of ink later on down the road. You want clean crisp lines and areas with ink and areas without ink.

If your hockey sticks are crossed like an "X" and the puck is between them in the space on the bottom...I suggest something curved extending from one top end of the stick to the other top end. Maybe no joining it directly, but suggestive of it. Like your nickname/banner/etc.

BUT, here would be my design off the top of my head...the two crossed hockey sticks...fine. How about having the puck shoot around the middle of the "X"...kinda like the way the puck swoops across the Avalanche logo.

It depends a lot on your strength. Obviously if a NHL player like Dion Phaneuf was taking a slap shot speed test against a 5th grader Dion would have a much greater shot. But if two very equal players go to shoot the stick and the stance of the two matter. Flex is a very big factor for a stick. Flex is like a slingshot effect; it is very good for wrist shots, but to me it's just a pain. both wooden and composite sticks have flex. the wooden sticks' flex can't be as high as some composite sticks because they break a lot easier. Composite sticks work better for me because I like them stiff so I can take a harder slap shot without ripping my hands apart. Composite sticks also give you more grip than a wooden hockey stick which helps a bit. Wooden sticks are much, much cheaper. One of my previous teammates has broken I believe around 10 real nice expensive sticks, he's a real big guy and we play at high school level, but now his parents refuse to purchase any more expensive sticks for him. I hope this helped you out.

• TDK

Putting hockeygirl there would be too much. It would just take away from the tattoo because you want to keep it simple. I'd keep the the crossed hockey sticks and put like K.T. or something since i'm assuming your name is Katie? But yea, try and keep it simple and if you can't figure out exactly what you want, then hold off until you come up with the perfect tattoo! Good luck with whatever you decide!

I just think you should hold off and get something more unique. The crossed sticks with a puck between them is pretty common, especially since it will be permanent. Find a cool hockey based design on the net and go with that.

• Siggy

How old are you? If you know the Peter Puck character, that would be cool! Or maybe you can add your number (in Roman numbers?)

I always wanted to get the Grim Reaper holding a hockey stick, but I'm too chicken, and now too old.

Put some blood in there...or a map of Florida in the background...

(real hockey fans will know what this means)...

A butterfly

a helmet or your number (yours, not NHL) could go well, and you could even throw a net around it....