How to tell my boss im quitting?

SO the story is i've been at my currentjob for 2 yrs now and have always wanted to go back to college, people at work have been really nice to me and i dont want it to turn nasty or anything, any suggestions as to how to let it out gently, so to speak????

p/s: if your just gonna say something stupid save your time, but then again fuckwits like roslyn and coalsmoker obviously have time to burn...good for you...and coal, i wouldnt go near your bacteria/fungi infested balls even if my life depended on it..

Favorite Answer

Be professional because you never know if someday you might come across some of those people and need them or work with them again.

Type up a letter to your boss saying that you want to thank them for the opportunity to work for/with them for the past two years but you will be resigning effective (whatever you want your last day to be) ((also try to give two weeks notice unless you absolutely can't)).

Walk into your boss' office when it's quiet and hand it to him/her and if they ask you for details, avoid giving them in case they go nuts and try to sabotage your new job or whatever. But stress that you loved working there but you have to seize opportunities when they come.

If they respond really well--ask for a recommendation!

Good luck.

Do a two weeks notice, it seems like a lot but this is the norm at most places. Just tell them the truth that you feel you want to be better educated to have opportunities for your career path. Good luck I just did that to a job that i had invested five years into. The company wasn't going the way i wanted. It was retail and now i work in insurance, quite the difference but it is a good change.

I in simple terms gave be conscious, and that i discussed that the job have been a great one, I found out plenty, and that i replaced into no longer leaving in anger, in simple terms going to pursue a extra effective danger. i mandatory finished time, they have been no longer able to grant it on my special shift. There are additionally specific perks available on the recent place, like custom scheduling.i discussed all of those issues, temporarily, and stated that i replaced into no longer able to bypass up such an danger. on your concern, plenty the comparable. You enjoyed your job, and the persons there, yet you may relocate. so which you may provide your 2 week be conscious. be confident and examine the coverage of giving be conscious, some places ask which you provide extra effective than that, some bosses could provide 30 days. positioned it in writing, in a company letter form, with the dates, your signature, etc. in simple terms state the info, use the certainty, and it incredibly is incredibly no longer rude. playstation , do no longer say something to burn bridges, you ought to point which you does no longer hesitate to recomend the present place of work as a great place to artwork, and which you does no longer hesitate to return returned, if relocation grew to grow to be needed returned. you ought to place it interior the letter, or in simple terms say it. it incredibly is named no longer burning the bridge which you will ought to apply on a return holiday.

I agree with the girl on top off me but dont go out on a bad note or else when you go to try to get another job ur current boss wont reccomend you to ur new boss

Be professional. Give a written 2-weeks notice. It is perfectly acceptable to let your employer know that you are going back to school. Good Luck.

If you tell your employer that you are leaving to go back to college I'm sure he or she will be impressed. It is a positive change so approach it that way. I can't imagine why you would think it would get nasty.

Yep, tell your boss it has been a pleasure working with them and how much you have learnt. Give your two weeks notice or whatever is required.

just tell the boss, "it has been a great pleasure working here, but i am going to give you a two week notice, hope there are no hard feelings"

Thanks for the job. I need to further my education. That is unless you can see your way to a small raise to entice me to stay. Let's say 25K a year?

OMG! Don't quit! Make him fire you, that way you can collect unemployment. Like, don't get your work done, or slack off or whatever.