Does anyone know of homeopathic remedies for sinusitis?

I have chronic sinusitis. Currently I am on an anti-histamine, a saline nose spray and an antibiotic creme. This isn't going so well as my doctor has prescribed the maximum dosage and I still have trouble breathing. I can't even double up my meds on days when it's worse than normal because I'm already taking too much.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any home remedies (besides flushing my sinuses) that might help.

The symptoms of my sinusitis are blocked and draining sinuses. Also sometimes my nose will start to bleed due to the fact that I am trying so hard to clear my sinuses (which is the reason for the antibiotic creme)

If anyone has any ideas that I might be able to take to my doctor (to check if it will react to my current medication) I thank you very very much for your help and consideration.

• Chet
    Favorite Answer

If we offered you a miracle remedy that prevents and cures "Sinusitis" would you buy it? Certainly you would. You won’t find it in a Pharmacy but at the Grocery Store.

Try the Natural Cures for Sinusitis.

Sinusitis refers to an inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the paranasal sinuses. If often follows the common cold, influenza and other general infections. Germs which are usually eliminated from body sometimes find their way into these sinuses or chambers on either side of the nasal passage, leading to sinus trouble.

The sinuses consist of cavities or chambers contained in the bones situated in the head and face region. The frontal, maxillary, ethmoid, and sphenoid sinuses are the paranasal sinuses which communicate with the nose. The frontal sinuses lie on the frontal bone directly above the eyes. The maxillary sinuses are located one on each side of the nose under the cheekbone. The ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses are situated behind the nose or either side of it. These air sinuses lighten the weight of the skull and give resonance to the voice.

Symptoms: The symptoms of sinusitis are excessive or constant sneezing, a running nose, blockage of one or both nostrils, headaches and pressure around the head, eyes, and face. Sinus headaches are usually felt in the forehead and in the face just below the eyes. The patient may suffer from a low-grade fever, lack of appetite, loss of sense of appetite, and toothache. He feels miserable because of difficulty in breathing. The voice is also affected because of the blocked nose.

Causes: Sinusitis results from the congestion of the sinus passages due to catarrh. It is caused by over-secretion of mucus in the membranes lining the nose, throat, and head. This over-secretion is due to irritation caused by toxins in the blood.

A faulty diet is thus the real cause of sinus trouble. When a person consumes certain types of foods or drinks regularly, these, in due course, have a conditioning effect on the entire system. As a result, some persons become more sensitive to certain allergens, whose reaction ultimately turns into sinusitis.

The Cure: Correcting the faulty diet is of utmost importance in the treatment of sinusitis. Patients should take a balanced diet. Most persons with sinus trouble also suffer from acidity. Their diet should, therefore, veer to the alkaline side. The intake of salt should be reduced to the minimum as salt leads to accumulation of water in the tissues and expels calcium from the body.

In the acute stage of the disease, when fever is present, the patient should abstain from all solid foods and only drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices diluted with water on a 50:50 basis. After fever subsides, he may adopt a low-calorie raw fruit and vegetable diet with plenty of raw juices. After the acute symptoms are over, the patient may gradually embark upon a well-balanced diet of three basic food groups, namely seeds, nuts and grains; vegetables and fruits. In persistent chronic conditions, repeated short juice fasts may be undertaken for a week or so at intervals of two months.

Those suffering from sinusitis should completely avoid fried and starchy foods, white sugar, white flour, rice, macaroni products, pies, cakes, and candies. They should also avoid strong spices, meat and products. Butter and ghee should be used sparingly. Honey should be used for sweetening. All cooked foods should be freshly prepared for each meal. Vegetables should be taken in liberal quantities. All kinds of fruits can be taken with the exception of those belonging to citrus group such as lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit. Milk should be taken in liberal quantities as it contains calcium which has a marked effect in overcoming inflammation of the tissues. A diet rich in vitamin A is the best insurance against cold and sinus trouble. Vitamin A is the "membrane conditioner" as it helps build healthy mucus membranes in the head and throat. Some of the valuable sources of this vitamin are whole milk, curds, egg yolk, pumpkin, carrot, leafy vegetables, tomato, oranges, mango, and papaya.

When the sinus trouble has already developed, relief can be obtained by taking vitamin A in large therapeutic doses of 25,000 I.U. per day. Vitamin C has also proved beneficial in the treatment of sinusitis and the patient should take one gram of this vitamin per day in two therapeutic doses of 500 mg. each.

One of the most effective remedies for sinus problems is to eat pungent herbs like garlic and onion which tend to break up mucous congestion all through the respiratory tract. One should begin with small mild doses and increase them gradually. Beneficial results can also be achieved by adding these herbs in moderate amounts to regular meals.

Carrot juice used separately or in combination with juices of beet and cucumber or with spinach juice is highly beneficial in the treatment of sinus trouble. 100 mL each of beet and cucumber juice or 200 mL of spinach juice should be mixed with 300 mL of carrot juice in these combinations.

Water Treatment: Cold application over the sinus will give great relief; alternate hot and cold applications will also prove beneficial. Take pans of hot and cold water, bathe the whole face with hot water-as hot as you can bear-and then apply cold water for short duration. Nasal inhalation of steam for five minutes every hour will also give relief.

Yogasanas such as viparitkarani, bhujangasana, yogamudra and shavasana, yogic kriyas, such as jalneti and sutraneti and pranayamas like anuloma-viloa and suryabhedan will be beneficial in the treatment of sinus trouble.

Plenty of sleep, adequate rest and fresh air are essential in the treatment of sinus trouble. Patients should avoid the use of perfumes and strongly scented hair oil.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

Source(s): Research Study.

1

Source(s): Treat Candida Succesfully http://sparkindl.info/CureCandidaYeastInfection

I know of some fantastic products that WILL help you. They are the Herbalife Products... Herbalifeline (omega 3) Boost heart health. Herbal Aloe Drink - clears and soothes the digestive tract. Best Defense, Roseox and Schizandra Plus - strenghtens and builds the immune system. in no time you will be free from your sinusitis.

These products are only available through an independent herbalife distributor. (tpfrazzy@yahoo.com)

Source(s): www.myherbalife.com or www.herbalife.com

Steam is your friend to get rid of congestion. Drink a cup of hot tea or water, take a long hot shower or bath, run the bath and sit next to it for the steam. Put a towel over your head like a tent and lean over the hot water tap. I've found if you wait and run the tap a while to get it steaming first before you lean over with the tent you save your back. Then I plug the sink and keep the tap running letting it drain down that secondary drain. Do it for about 10 minutes. Sounds nuts but it works. You can also use a hot (but not burning hot) wash cloth on your face or as a compress (great for sinus headaches too).

Source(s): Frequent sinusitus the phone nurse from my old hmo

Chances are you're eating too fast. Try holding a conversation while sporting a meal so you're not necessarily gulping down more than you'll want to feel full.

Beware of "fat-free" or "zero trans fats" foods as you could be trading fats for huge degrees of sugar or sodium.

You already have the answer. I'm not sure why you are so resistant to sinus flushing. It works, It is natural, and it is cost effective. You can make your own saline solution at home or you can by the flushes.

You may try decreasing your consumption of dairy products (especially during a flare up) and increasing the amount of water that you drink.

It has worked well for me over the years. Good luck.

Use a vegetable bean dip such as hummus instead of ranch dressing or maybe a fatty cream-based dip.

Identify the emotional triggers that lead you to seek unhealthy comfort food. Picture your goal weight so when a trigger strikes to assist you to resist temptation.

Give your protein extra low-calorie flavor with the addition of a salsa or chutney instead of a gooey cream sauce.