Is this a clever thing to do for avoiding "Global Warming"?

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html...

Those sharks are faster than light to screw up the ecosystem by using "global warming" fears to make money... Is the world ready to play with our fragile ecosystem even more?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, its REALLY not clever to do that! A significant increase of phytoplankton would definitely cause an unbalance in the marine ecosystem, especially for that region!!

Large-scale growth in phytoplankton could reduce oxygen levels, creating dead zones where the ocean cannot support marine-life.

If they REALLY want to mitigate global warming, there are several obvious methods to do that!! for example:

1.Reduction of energy use (per person)

2.Shifting from carbon-based fossil fuels to alternative energy sources

3.Birth control, to lessen demand for resources such as energy and land clearing

4.stop de-forestation and re-establish 300 million hectares of new tree plantations

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I doubt they will ever get permission to do it. The logic they are using is the same as: "We have too many mice .. get cats, too many cats .. get dogs .. lions .. elephants ... too many elephants? Get mice! A six year old could tell them why it is a bad idea.

They have no clue of the consequences to any other form of life in the ecosystem, only that it will make green things that eat CO2 bigger. Playing God is what got us all into this bucket of crap in the first place. But some ******* somewhere is gonna try it in international waters when no one is looking and create a huge friggin disaster ... bye, bye sea turtles.

--------------------

dark magician hit the nail right on the head! First time I've seen anyone on here get to the root causes of and solutions to Global Warming in one sentence. Very concise, no energy wasted ;-)

• Wow! We need to stop adding to the problem! Won't Iron kill sea weed? I thought I had learned something about that in a science class... Adding tons of Anything to the Oceans will mess up the ecosystem!

I vote, no it's not a clever thing to do... have they truly studied the consequences of this? what would it do to the fish and other life in the ocean? Maybe we could stop dumping tons of toxins into the atmosphere first and see if that helps.

• 3DM
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Holy crap! This is exactly the type of overreacting hairbrain scheme I'm worried about. See, William the Artist? These are probably the same guys who dumped tires in the 70s to help save the coral reefs only to end up killing them.

All these people who say that they don't care if Global Warming is caused by burning fossil fuels, "it's better to be safe, than sorry," are writing these con-men a blank check.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would not have thought of that, or anything like it. Al Gore's carbon credit scheme will make more swindlers rich than junk bonds did.

• 1 decade ago

a clever thing to do to avoid global warming is ignore it and all the propagandists alarming people for no reason.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

global warming is a joke, nothing more than a blatant power grab by money hungry maniacs like algore.

• 1 decade ago

there is no way that is gonna work. its only gonna cause more problems. the oceans HUGE.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.