Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Black Screen-computer crash?

Ok I was playing Starcraft:Broodwar [cat vs mouse ore wars] (map settings). I lost and it said "you have failed victory." I clicked ok and then got a black screen after that for 10min(its not suppose to happen). I don't know what happened and tried ctrl alt delete, the winkey and esc but nothing worked. I pressed sleep and it went to sleep afterwards.

When I "woke" it up, all I got was the magnified version of my desktop icons. I had to power off the cpu, boot the computer back and now it's back to normal again. Right now I'm scanning for any viruses.

So do any of you have a clue on what happened with the black screen and why my computer didn't respond. Please tell me how I can prevent this next time! Thanks.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.