ksong asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Cant access my partition after install Vista Home Premium.?

I was using Vista Ultimate RC1. I just bought a Vista Home Premium and do an installation over my RC1(full installtion not upgrade). But the problem now is that after the installation, I cant access/read my other partition. When I click my other partition, it prompted me to format. I didnot format or delete any partition during the installation process.

How to recover those data save in my other partition. I cant afford to loss them. Please help!!!!

Best Answer

I have never been able to run anything on another partiton with vista hope you have a restore disk

• Fremen

I don't know why that happened but here's a tool that has saved my butt a few times. Download and burn yourself a Knoppix CD. Set your computer to boot to CD and boot to the Knoppix CD. You should be able to see both partitions and you can copy the files to the active partition that vista is on.

http://knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html