Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

hot caramel sauce?

does any one have a recipe for the hot caramel sauce they use on ice cream ?

and does anyone know how to make home made toffee?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hot Caramel Sundae Sauce

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed

4 tablespoons flour

1 cup boiling water

dash salt

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons cream

vanilla, to taste

PREPARATION:

Mix sugar with flour in saucepan; blend well. Add water and salt. Stir while cooking for 6 to 8 minutes. If too thick add a little more water. Remove from heat; stir in butter, cream, and vanilla to taste.

English Toffee

This tasty toffee is covered in chocolate and sprinkled with nuts - and it won't stick to your teeth.

Ingredients

1 tbsp Plus 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened, divided

2 cups Sugar

1 tbsp Light corn syrup

1/4 tsp Salt

1 cup Milk chocolate chips

1 cup Chopped pecans

Preparation

Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with 1 Tbsp butter; set aside. In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar, corn syrup, and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295 (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool; about 1 hour.

In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; spread over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand for 1 hour. Break into bite-sized pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 2 pounds

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I actually just saw this on a food network show the other day. It was different, but it works!! The guy just took a can of condensed milk and placed it in a sauce pan that had water in it and just let it simmer in the can. It turned a light carmel color and it tastes very good!! I loved it. I had to try it out after I saw the show. It took about an hour, but it was well worth it!

• 1 decade ago

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/159/Engl...

an illustrated guide to making toffee at home. very useful if you're not used to making candy.

as to caramel sauce...here's my favorite way:

melt down a bag of chewy caramels (like worthers) in a sauce pan

add a 3 tablespoons of heavy cream

add 1 teaspoon of brandy and cook until it bubbles and runs smooth.

remove from heat and stir in 2 tbsp of frozen butter (chopped into small pieces), one small piece at a time (like making a burr blanc sauce).*

spoon over ice cream and enjoy.

*stir in one small piece and stir until it melts, then add another piece and so forth until all the butter is used up and the sauce looks creamy.

• 4 years ago

Hot fudge. I hope she prefers it too, but if she wanted caramel sauce, that's fine by me. haha

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.