Please help with name translations from English to Spanish for kids project. ASAP?

The names might not be able to be translated directly, but even if someone can translate a Spanish name as close to the English names as possible, this is for a Mexican project I am doing with the kids, I am also making up a play passport and entering all the names for them in the different languages as we are studying different parts of the world.

Here are the English names:

Connor (boy)

Ethan (boy)

Evann (girl)

Griffin (boy)

Kaitlyn (girl)

Mackenzie (girl)

Thank you for your help.

Thank you all for your help.

• topink
    Favorite Answer

Those are very Anglo names, so I recommend just converting them to the spanish form of spelling

Conor

Etan

Evana

Grifin

Catalina

Maquensi

You can explain that in spanish they don't double consonants except L and R

and the K is only used in a few foreign words. To get a K sound in Sp, it's spelled with a C before a,o, and u,

and spelled with QU before an e or i. And the th doesn't exist, they just use a T

Also, about the passport, tell them that in Spanish, most people have 3,4, or 5 names, for example

First, Middle(s), Father's surname, Mother's Maiden Name.

So they have names like Pedro Antonio Sanchez Garcia.

They often only go by the father's surname, but in a passport they'd list all the names. Let the kids invent their own names by filling out a form and including mom's nee after dad's.

P.S. That KKK woman up above me is such an embarrassment to the American population!!! I guess she doesn't think we need to learn anything aobut the world.

Connor - Irish means strong-willed Ethan - Biblical - means strong, firm Evann God is gracious - possibly translate to Joanna or joanne Kaitlyn - Katherine or Catalina Griffin - a mythological creature Mackenzie - means daughter of strong ruler. Cannot help more than this.

In my opinion, NONE(!) of them translate into Spanish, with the exception, perhaps, of 'Kaitlyn (girl), which could could be 'stretched' to sound like 'Catalina'. Sorry!

Hope it helps!

those are all Celtic/Gaelic names. they won't translate at all. I recommend the change in spelling, too. in my Spanish class, we were allowed to "borrow" a Spanish name to use in class.

• hb12

You gots to ignore childish people. When they act mature you show them love. That's what they crave. It really comes from self love. Loving the beauty inside themselves. You just have to look, it's in their. When your so full of pride, you love everybody.

Shouldn't you be doing it the other way round.. English to Spanish...???