Anyone remember how John Black on Days of Our Lives got his name?

I watched this show when I was in high school. I'm sure the continuity writes have blown this. Anyone actually remember where John Black got his name?

Sylvia nailed it. He was the Pawn then, walked into a soup kitchen, the guy asked him his name and he looked at a picture of some war guys and saw the name John Black and told the guy that was his name.

• Sylvia
    Favorite Answer

I was just reading a bio on John Black on one of the soap websites and it said that after finding out he wasn't Roman they were calling him John Doe. But then John saw a veteran's war memorial plaque somewhere and assumed the last name Black. I don't remember where I read this, it may be Dustin's Days page.

Sylvia's right! He got the name off a Vietnam War Memorial Plaque.

John came to Salem not knowing who he was. He simply was "The Pawn." The Pawn after unraveling the bandages from an extensive plastic surgery, came up with the name John Black.

• Emily

HA! Wow, that takes me way back. From what I recall, he was "brainwashed" by the villain Stefano who convinced him that he was Roman Brady, but when the "real" Roman Brady found his way back to Salem John was screwed. But I don't know if someone gave him that name or what. Remember when Marlena was possessed? Lol, soaps are so crazy!

Sylvia got it right, he did get it off of a plaque. His real name is Forrest Alamain. He is not only Tony's half brother but Lawerence Alamain's half brother.

way to go, Sylvia !!!