What books have you read lately?

Was it a good read? Is the book worth reading? Do you have another book that is waiting in the wings? Are you reading more than one book at the moment? fact or fiction?

Favorite Answer

I just finished reading the illustrated version of Stephen King's "Salem's Lot". It's been a while since I had read this story, and it's still as scary and great as I remembered it. This newer edition has some creepy photographs in it, and also included are some alternate/deleted scenes. Plus two short stories related to the (fictional) town of 'Salem's Lot" are included: "Jerusalem's Lot" and "One For the Road". Creepy good stuff!

One book that I just picked up and is waiting in the wings is Justin Evan's "A Good and Happy Child", about demonic possession. It looks very good: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Happy-Child-Novel/dp/03...

Happy reading to you! :-)

I have recently been unable to put down Jim Butchers The Dresden Files series of books. Really Good !!!!! I finished the last one last night now I am rereading HP and the Half Blood Prince so everything will be fresh for Saturday's release. After I finish HP I plan to start reading some of the classic books like Tom sawyer, The portrait of Dorian Grey, The Great Gatsby, Wuthering Heights, etc.

I just finished reading The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom last night. It was excellent, an autobiography about a woman and her family who helped Jews during WWII.

I'm always reading several books at once. I'm also reading Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist and Jeremiah Burrough's Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment. The latter is nonfiction; they both are great.

I have three Harlan Coben books of which one I read, one am reading,and one I'm waiting for my husband to finish. Not sure why so many from the same author but I love him!! I did (like everyone else on the planet) re-read HP book6 and I actually have to pick up the new Janet Evanovich book Lean Mean 13.

Dragonsblood by Todd McCaffrey

Not a good read. Not worth reading. I am going to read Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey (his mother) next. She is DEFINITELY the better of the two. I like Dragons stories more but have read a lot of Grisham/Stephen King and Anne Rice. Usually, I read fiction unless it is a science magazine like Discover.

edited - omg, elizabehanne, they edited Mr. Francis' first name from your book with asterisks! Maybe try using spaces to spell D i c k !!

My summer goal is to read nonstop. My newest discovery is Sarah Dessen. She's a fantastic author. Anything by Kevin Brooks is worth che cking out also. My next BIG read, of course, is Harry Potter. Can't wait 'til Saturday!

• Puff

The Shop on Blossom Street by Macomber

Treasure Island by Stevenson

Marley and Me by Grogan

A Gown of Spanish Lace by Oke

All very good.

I just finished a great fiction novel called "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. It is a really fabulous read! I highly recommend it!

Ted Dekker & Frank Peretti's "House" is excellent! Suspenseful mystery. Full of great characters with vivre.They run the whole gamut in terms of depth, females & males, intelligence, life's situations and occupations. Thought provoking and leaves you on the edge of your seat! You review the pages to make sure of what you've read and rather or not you caught the clues...to arrive at the obvious conclusion that the House is...

Read it.

Just finished reading Janet Evanavich's new one. Waiting on Harry Potter and I literally have hundreds on the shelves in the wings from garage sales and such.