Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you believe that George Bush will be the last mentally handicapped President of the U.S.?

Moltar, oh yes. Father Bush could have got Barney graduated, for a price. Probably less than it cost for George.

Favorite Answer

Yes.

I believe that in the future, the education, literacy, and culture of candidates will be looked at more carefully.

The intellectual elite is far more politically active and aware than they were prior to 2000. The population of the Red states is changing, partly because Red states are welcoming influxes of technology workers, who happen to come from Blue states.

Texas is a striking example of a Red state whose solid Republicanism is being undermined by new arrivals.

In the past seven years, I have lived and travelled through many sectors of America. I believe that one of the major divisions between the Red areas and the Blue areas is in access to information.

In the Blue areas, there is a much greater access to knowledge in a variety of forms. People are more likely to own personal computers, there are more bookstores, and their are more libraries.

In the Red areas today, in small rural towns, libraries have largely shut down, or they are run by people with a right-wing agenda.

In such libraries one often will not find a copy of a national newsmagazine, or a big-city daily. The fiction section is full of books written by people who call themselves "Christian" on the covers.

In these towns, people are getting their information from TV or from the pulpit. Yes, they can watch CNN, but they don't; they choose Fox.

And I have heard stories that people are being told, from the pulpit, that they should not be reading "ungodly publications."

But even in these areas, there is growing computer and Internet usage.

Seven years ago, it was almost impossible to get Internet service in many areas of the country. The number of places served by the Internet has grown substantially.

Add information access to the fact that many in the Red states now feel that the War in Iraq has gone on too long, and that the economy is stagnant, to the fact that their paychecks--when they can get paychecks--are buying less and less.

Many of the "effete snobs," prior to the year 2000 and for a short time afterward, had little interest in national politics. But now they have a voice and will continue to have a voice and remain active because of the power of the Internet.

This is why I believe that although today's events are frightening, we are probably not headed toward fascism.

Informed people--and we are an informed people--will not allow it.

I hope so, though the apple does not fall far from the tree..."Read my lips, no new taxes" "Thousand points of light"

Dana Carvey could have done a better job than both of these egg heads put together.

i hope so...but i doubt it...after 4 years of bumbling, we re-elected the boob. it's not like we didn't know what we were getting; a rational electorate would not have given him more that 20% of the vote-h l mencken was right when he predicted that the white house would be 'adorned by an outright moron'

Source(s): face it, people...as unpatriotic as this may sound when talking about a sittting president...but the truth is, george w bush is an incompetent imbecile

I hope so... but I wouldn't be surprised.

people will fall for anything now-a-days.

promises of security (even over liberty),

good pictures (IE space cow-boy bush pic),

meaningless phrases and euphemisms,

and other things that don't really mean anything...

Ha!

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."-George W. Bush

All we can do is watch fox news and listen to hate radio until the war on terror is over.

Given how the U.S. voting system works, not a chance... Just don't mention John Howard & we'll be fine...

No! Will not be the last. He was not the first either!

As long as we keep making these great choices for ourselves then we are just as much to blame as GW!

The Americans have gotten exactly what they voted for.

Better choices bring better presidents, let's not blame him for everything!

Take care

What exactly is his "mental handicap"? As long as there are liberals there will always be the chance of electing a mentally handicapped President.

i'm preatty sure as long as there's a two party system aided by corporate funding, we will always have tools pushed for presidency