Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How many times is God mentioned in the big book of Alcoholics Anonymous?

Some groups are taking God out of the meetings even though A.A. was founded on biblical principles,let's see who can count the references to God.

Update:

If you try to tell me the words "higher power" are substituted you are mistaken...

Update 2:

140 times to be exact....

so go tell your A.A. friends to get back to God when they get a chance.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

its one of the steps.

sorry but the book for a bunch of alkies isn't going to convince me to believe in god. not that i look down on alcholics. i've had a couple friends who go to AA.

• 5 years ago

God is specifically mentioned 277 times, reference to God by the use of pronouns such He, Him, Himself,and His is mentioned 107 time; counting the times God is referred to by Creator, Maker, Father, and Spirit totals more than 400 times God is mentioned in the Big Book of AA.

• 6 years ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.