Christians and Evolution?

People don't want to accept evolution as fact. Fine. People want to stick to their own ignorant, religious beliefs. Fine. But PLEASE, do not pose your PSEUDO-science crap as actual science. Why is it that Christians (Evangelicals, mostly) don't question the bull they are getting fed by the likes of... show more People don't want to accept evolution as fact. Fine.

People want to stick to their own ignorant, religious beliefs. Fine.

But PLEASE, do not pose your PSEUDO-science crap as actual science. Why is it that Christians (Evangelicals, mostly) don't question the bull they are getting fed by the likes of Kent Hovind and Ken Ham? Do you really think these liars are educated enough to know more than the world's leading evolutionists, cosmologists and geologists? Evangelical Christian folk, please tell me why you don't believe the world's leading scientists but believe these two-bit idiots who are only deceiving you to make a dollar?
Update: Ms Lady: Evolution is as much a theory as is the Theory of Gravity but you wouldn't know much about the scientific term, would you? It's childish to believe in something without questioning it. That's how your religious belief would be "childish" in my eyes. Needing a "saviour" or... show more Ms Lady: Evolution is as much a theory as is the Theory of Gravity but you wouldn't know much about the scientific term, would you? It's childish to believe in something without questioning it. That's how your religious belief would be "childish" in my eyes. Needing a "saviour" or some kind of thing to believe in like an imaginary friend is also childish, don't ya think? I'm merely sick and tired of having religious people sell their pseudo-science as real science. The real scientific community shouldn't have to tolerate that crap.
Update 2: no1home2day: I don't know who this Dr. Flue is but it's ironic that the name is "Flue" since it's the flu virus that proves evolution because it mutates and evolves. You can read up more on viral evolution. And also, being an atheist has nothing to do with being an evolutionist. You have a... show more no1home2day: I don't know who this Dr. Flue is but it's ironic that the name is "Flue" since it's the flu virus that proves evolution because it mutates and evolves. You can read up more on viral evolution. And also, being an atheist has nothing to do with being an evolutionist.

You have a very bleak view of scientific discovery. Once a theory is theorized, that's not the end. Further research will bring new things into light. Today's evolutionists have tested and found answers different from what Darwin had predicted. Science is cumulative.

Chey_17: If the Bible is so scientific then why did the Church believe that the Earth is flat for so many years? Because the Bible is *not* scientific at all. And the Big Bang is not a new theory (but just another one denied by the Christian Right). We *do* see changes in viruses and we see random variation all around us. We did not evolve from the apes you see today. We share a common ancestor! You need to read a lot more on evolution.
Update 3: heavymetalrick: You're as bad at reading people than you are at biology and science in general. There's is overwhelming proof that the Earth and the Universe are older than 6000 years! For one, the dinosaurs who have lived on Earth for millions of years. Carbon dating is the scientific method to prove that.... show more heavymetalrick: You're as bad at reading people than you are at biology and science in general. There's is overwhelming proof that the Earth and the Universe are older than 6000 years! For one, the dinosaurs who have lived on Earth for millions of years. Carbon dating is the scientific method to prove that. Look into it.

What kind of "facts" point to the Grand Canyon having taken an HOUR? Evangelical Christianity's Biblical "facts" (notice the quotations)? If evolution is "totally debunked" then why is there still a whole field of evolutionary biology taught in university lecture halls and not a shred of mention of creationism? Because it's the academia deciding what they take as FACT and what they believe to be FICTION.

By the way, if you were trying to scare me into something, too bad. It hasn't worked. It's "types like me" who are smarter than the likes of you and aren't scared of a "creator" who leaves no proof for his existence and then demands that I love him. Pfft.