How can I create an Access report using 2 different tables as my data source?

I don't know too much about Access, but using its wizard help I can create reports based on 1 table/query. Now, I have 2 different tables with different data and I need to create a report which will use information from both of them. How can I do it? The wizard help is not helping me...

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Access provides a menu to create 'views' usually what you can do is create a 'view' which contains both tables and when the wizards ask for a report source you just point it to the view instead of the table itself. But be sure the two tables have a common field which you can tie them together for example both of them have the same account number / field. :)

good luck

Yes, make the tables, but so they can be joined in a query. Then use the query as your data source.

Wizards can be doing something weird, but some of the Samples show how it gets done.

Good luck and Happy Computing!

you should have common fields on each table. Use these fields when joining or creating queries in wizard. If you are knowledgeable in SQL then you can try the SELECT command.

eg.

SELECT Emp.EmpName, Emp.EmpSalary, Dept.DeptName FROM Employee AS Emp, Department AS Dept WHERE Emp.DeptCode = Dept.DeptCode