Is lack of ink in the printer one factor that i cannot receive fax from outside?

I am trying to recieve fax from outside and unfortunately it is not going through. The ink in my printer is almost finished. I do not know hwy it is not going through please do tell me what might be wrong. My printer is lexmark x4270.Thank you

Favorite Answer

Yes, it might be the problem.. Better buy new ink cartridges for your printer.. To buy Compatible Ink Cartridges for your printer, checkout: http://www.ask4ink.com/list_printers/Lexmark-All-I...

Ask4ink.com sells good quality Ink Cartridges at reasonable prices and quick service as well.

Low ink on a multi-function device (Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier) should have NO effect on whether you can receive a fax.

Make sure the phone line is working & plugged in correctly. Also make sure the cable that connects the device to your PC is connected firmly. Try reinstalling the software that came with the device.

• ?

you have no longer provided sufficient counsel approximately your device and fax settings for a definitive answer. extra counsel is important. this is a modem situation. this is a fax utility situation. in spite of the shown fact that, low printer ink ranges should not be the criminal till the fax application is desperate to "print basically". you're able to set it to maintain the fax as a document and then print it later. examine your fax settings (innovations).

yes, or your setting could be wrong.

depending on your machine you need to have it on a certain receiving setting.

look thru your instructions again, but if you have no ink that would be my first guess.