Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is lack of ink in the printer one factor that i cannot receive fax from outside?

I am trying to recieve fax from outside and unfortunately it is not going through. The ink in my printer is almost finished. I do not know hwy it is not going through please do tell me what might be wrong. My printer is lexmark x4270.Thank you

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it might be the problem.. Better buy new ink cartridges for your printer.. To buy Compatible Ink Cartridges for your printer, checkout: http://www.ask4ink.com/list_printers/Lexmark-All-I...

Ask4ink.com sells good quality Ink Cartridges at reasonable prices and quick service as well.

• 1 decade ago

Low ink on a multi-function device (Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier) should have NO effect on whether you can receive a fax.

Make sure the phone line is working & plugged in correctly. Also make sure the cable that connects the device to your PC is connected firmly. Try reinstalling the software that came with the device.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you have no longer provided sufficient counsel approximately your device and fax settings for a definitive answer. extra counsel is important. this is a modem situation. this is a fax utility situation. in spite of the shown fact that, low printer ink ranges should not be the criminal till the fax application is desperate to "print basically". you're able to set it to maintain the fax as a document and then print it later. examine your fax settings (innovations).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, or your setting could be wrong.

depending on your machine you need to have it on a certain receiving setting.

look thru your instructions again, but if you have no ink that would be my first guess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.