Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

OK, this I've not heard before . . . "God made science"?

I may be behind in the realm of R & S, but someone in another question said, "God made science." I'd never heard THAT one before.

Doesn't that mean that a believer's rejection of science and evolution is also a rejection of God?

How do you go about rejecting George Bush? I don't agree with him, but that doesn't mean I reject him.

Favorite Answer

i could go with the God made science line of reasoning, it is like a backhanded compliment...

God made everything, so therefore he made science.... except it gets a little more complicated. Cause he didn't go hmmm let me make reading, writing, math, and science...

He made us humans (in some sort of fashion.... don't want to start THAT debate) and he gave us our brains. And as we grew from ??? to what we are today we learned. We came out of the darkness into the light. We learned about the fire, tools, the wheel, and yes, even science....

so it's not exactly like he gave us science in a nice little package under the Christmas tree. he just allowed us to grow in the knowledge and allowed us to reach the point in our scientific development that we are at.

What has always puzzled me about some religions, for instance not receiving medical care or not taking medicine, has always bugged me. Because in a way that is kind of rejecting God. If you follow the idea that God did indeed create everything, then God did create science and medicine, so why would you reject something that can help or even save your life.

• K.K.

If people really believe in God, then of course he made science because he made the universe. And, if people really believe in God, then they also believe in science and do not reject it. If people really believe in God, evolution rejects God, so obviously it is untrue. Also, while scientists have made several hypotheses and speculations that we "evolved" from the same species that monkey's did...however this is just speculation. Remember the whole "missing link" thing? Yes, there is some evidence that would seem to point that way, and this is why its called an "educated guess"...but its still a guess.

God gave man great minds, but that doesn't mean they understand everything!

Great minds = to examine science

incomplete understanding = they don't know everything

So, no, the rejection of what science doesn't understand or has gotten wrong doesn't mean you reject God.

There is much that science does understand, such as medical, this is a gift of skill from God to man. Because man can not figure out the true origins of life, even though we are told in the Bible, simply means that science has let science be god, instead of God being God.

Seems that those who argue science have become arrogant and prideful, just like Satan

No. God made an orderly world which made science possible. If a believer rejects science (the way scientists are today) and evolution they are supporting God.

• Acorn

1) Of course God made science. God made everything, from the blue whale to the quarks zipping around in the dark matter of space.

2) No, it doesn't mean that a believer rejecting science and evolution is also a rejection of God. God made George W Bush too, but I have no problem at all rejecting him. Rejecting Bush's duplicitous rupubulukun "spin" tactics doesn't mean I reject God. C'mon.

PS I am a Christian who in no way rejects science. I just know its limitations.

Well it makes sense that if one was to believe that God made *everything* naturally he would be held responsible for creating science. Maybe the Christians who are anti-science somehow think it came about as a result of the fall?

For starters, both talked ad nauseum about they plan to put their change/plans into action. You merely want to argue, there are more than enough avenues for you to find your answers.....you just don't really care to use them. Lastly, "immediately pulling out of Iraq is a move that clearly shows his inability to understand consequences" Like what exactly? Civil War? Already happening. Country will descend into chaos, already happening. Iran's pawn, already happening (they have more influence and are looked upon more favorably than us by the average iraqi). What else could happen? Breeding ground for terrorists? We initiated that and its happening. Iraq was never a central front for the war on terror, we decided to use Iraq as a battle ground for the war on terror....and you cons term it today as "helping the iraqi's" Gee, when do you start inv...I mean helping other nations?

Believer's don't reject science. If that were so you would be correct. Personally as a believer I think it's very naive for other believer's to reject evolution as well.

• ?

Those who know The Truth of God know that all the laws of "science" were put in place by God to govern the funtions of His Creation.

Mankind is not even close to coming to any understanding of the fullness of God's Creation... look at the mess mankind has mad mucking about with science... If man kind understood even 10% of God's Science all of mankind would be living in peace and plenty as God intended... not in a poluted word as we have made it to be.

God made everything didn't He? Why not if He can do everything did He not make science also? or is science higher than God Who can do everything and know everything? of course He is the author of science. makes sense doesn't it?

Source(s): logic