Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Swollen eye lid?

This morning I woke up with one swollen upper eye lid, I know its not my sinus because the eyelid itself hurts to the blink and touch. I do wear contacts, i have only fallen asleep in them a few times, and I change dispose of them and wear new ones as doctor ordered, what could be causing my ONE eye lid to swell and how do I fix it? It looks kinda wierd!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jazzy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it could be a chalazion which is a plugged up gland on the inner eyelid if you do have a bump when you pull up your lid start hot packing it take a hot washcloth (as hot as u can stand but dont burn yourself ) hold it there for about 10-15 minutes and repeat 3-4 times a day. if no help contact your eye doctor

Source(s): ophthalmic asst
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

If there are no chew marks it somewhat is in all probability a stye. Styes are pimple-like sores on your eyelids many times led to by using the micro organism, Staphylococcus aureus, that's a micro organism usually stumbled on in the human nostril. Washing your hands on a prevalent foundation will help to ward off styes from happening. the main straightforward suggestion for doing away with styes is to be conscious a heat compress to the contaminated area. heat up a pot of water or purely use warm faucet water to hose down a wash textile, then carry the textile over your eye for quarter-hour at a time. try this a number of circumstances an afternoon for as long because it take for the sty to empty by using itself. the appropriate ingredient for doing away with styes is to enable them to empty on their very own, that way you’re particular to ward off secondary an infection that ought to be triggered in case you attempt to pop the sty or rupture the contaminated epidermis. over the counter antibiotic ointments like Neosporin can help do away with styes. in actuality, some companies like Neosporin have particular antibiotic sty remedies the place you be conscious a strip that sticks on your eyelid for a volume of time. since maximum sties are, returned, led to by using a bacterium, antibiotics (the dominant therapy for bacterial infections in western drugs) are employed to kill the Staph micro organism. in case you're able to try this with a low-fee over the counter antibiotic cream, you’ve saved your self a visit to the physician and an high priced prescription.

• 1 decade ago

sounds like you may have a sty ......or can be a small pimple that has caused the swelling..you can put a cold compress on it to help and take some tylonol to reduce swelling..but other then that it is usually time..a couple of days....

• 1 decade ago

could like pink eye.. or a bug bite.. prolly should head to the doctors to get it checked.. cause pink eye can spread really easily and anything else could affect your vision

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It could be a sty. if you have Antibodic eyedrops that will be the best or if you have neosporin you can put a little where it is swollen. i have done that.

• 1 decade ago

pink eye??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.