Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Swollen eye lid?

This morning I woke up with one swollen upper eye lid, I know its not my sinus because the eyelid itself hurts to the blink and touch. I do wear contacts, i have only fallen asleep in them a few times, and I change dispose of them and wear new ones as doctor ordered, what could be causing my ONE eye lid to swell and how do I fix it? It looks kinda wierd!

Favorite Answer

I've had the same thing... Its sounds like a sty.. Below is a site that tells you more... Last time what worked for me was. I took Neosporin (antibotic) and at night put it on my eye lids and part in my eye.. It doesn't hurt your eye just makes it a bit cloudy... within two nights should be gone best of luck

It sounds like some kind of infection (a sty is an infection). Go to the drugstore and buy an eye wash (pharmacist can help you). If it doesn't get better, you will have to go to the doctor as it can abcess. You may have rubbed your eye and casued the infection, so wash your hands a lot and don't touch the area.

Sounds like a stye. Use a warm compress as much as you can and it should go away in a couple days. If you can see a doctor, definitely get it checked out. They can give you drops to speed the healing.

Source(s): Experience

You could be allegic to the contact cleaner. or you may have an infection in that eye. I would suggest call your doctor and explain your eye to them. *that you wear contacts too.*

That sounds like a stye. I've had a couple of these before.

Check out this site

http://www.health-care-articles.info/diseases/eye-...