Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Swollen eye lid?

This morning I woke up with one swollen upper eye lid, I know its not my sinus because the eyelid itself hurts to the blink and touch. I do wear contacts, i have only fallen asleep in them a few times, and I change dispose of them and wear new ones as doctor ordered, what could be causing my ONE eye lid to swell and how do I fix it? It looks kinda wierd!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've had the same thing... Its sounds like a sty.. Below is a site that tells you more... Last time what worked for me was. I took Neosporin (antibotic) and at night put it on my eye lids and part in my eye.. It doesn't hurt your eye just makes it a bit cloudy... within two nights should be gone best of luck

• 1 decade ago

It sounds like some kind of infection (a sty is an infection). Go to the drugstore and buy an eye wash (pharmacist can help you). If it doesn't get better, you will have to go to the doctor as it can abcess. You may have rubbed your eye and casued the infection, so wash your hands a lot and don't touch the area.

• 1 decade ago

Sounds like a stye. Use a warm compress as much as you can and it should go away in a couple days. If you can see a doctor, definitely get it checked out. They can give you drops to speed the healing.

Source(s): Experience
  • 1 decade ago

You could be allegic to the contact cleaner. or you may have an infection in that eye. I would suggest call your doctor and explain your eye to them. *that you wear contacts too.*

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That sounds like a stye. I've had a couple of these before.

Check out this site

http://www.health-care-articles.info/diseases/eye-...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.