Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 decade ago

My right eye lid is red and swollen?

there is no bump it is just red and swollen. No drainage, or pink eye slime. And it hurts to blink. Not inside the eye the pain is outside the eye. WHAT IS IT?

Favorite Answer

Call your doctor or go to an urgent care facility.

Source(s): EMT, Athletic Trainer, ED Tech

Well this just happened to me. I wear contacts, dont know if you do or not. But I scratched my eye. From the scrath I got an eye infection, which is different than pink eye. My eye was swollen and itched and just plain hurt. I couldnt even open it. Here is what I suggest. Get a cool wash cloth and lay it on the eye, then call the Dr. The cold will help it be less painful. The Dr will more than likely give you eye drops. Good luck. Hope it gets better soon!

It sounds like a stye. If so it will go away on its own. But I would see an eye doctor ASAP.

i had something like that a couple years ago i think it was because i slept in the basement and go ta mosquito bite on my eyelide it was completely gone after about a week