Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

why when i type ipconfig in command prompt it wont show me my default gateway?

I have a Gateway media center editon computer and its a GT5012 personal computer and when i goto command prompt and type: ipconfig it shows me my ppp adapter default gateway but that wont work and also ontop of that it shows me my Ethernet adapter but it wont show me my default gateway. Can anyone tell me how to find my default gateway for this or what it is for this general computer? If you can you shall be the best person ever and they will write about you on history books.

Thanks, Jooker

Member since: August 12, 2007

Total points: 98 (Level 1)

Points earned this week:

--% Best answer

jooker

S Why when i type ipconfig in command prompt it wont show me my default gateway?

Thanks, Jooker

oh and cheers can ugo into further detail? i dont know any of that lol and ipconfig/all doesnt work buds

and btw this is also so i can make a runescape private server so what i want to do here is to type this default gateway into my webbrowser and make log into that thingy but also, how do i make the default gateway?

umm it says ; obtain automatically

obtain ip automatically is checked

Favorite Answer

Where are you getting your IP addy? DHCP? Static?

If DHCP, check said server and fix the problem.

If static, add a gateway.

Problem solved

I'll assume XP

From the control panel:

Double click "network Connections"

Right click on your connection and select "properties"

Scroll down and highlight "Internet ProtocallTCP/IP"

Click on Properties

Is "obtain IP address automatically" checked, or is "use the following ip address" checked?

• tedead

Try ipconfig /all

try ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all