leaving for Pakistan for the first time. any advice?

in 3 weeks and I'll be there 9 months. help!

Favorite Answer

Hi Hezz. I am a Pakistani. Welcome to Pakistan in advance. It would certainly help if u mentioned which country ur coming from, and which city ur visiting. Theres no need to be scared. Pakistan is nowhere close to as bad as the news reports make it out to be.

I live in Karachi, and there are plenty of Russians in our neighborhood. Nobody ever misbehaved with any of them, let alone kidnap them.

It will obviously be a very different place from the one ur leaving. I would love to know about the experiences u have in Pakistan. And in case u have any confusions, or need any sort of help once you're in Pakistan, just send me a mail or instant msg and I would love to give a tip or two. Take care.

Check out this site for some sights and sounds

http://www.tourism.gov.pk/Index.html

Source(s): 23 years of live experience :)

I've never been there. Actually I'm just another american. Here's what I have to say.

1. Don't announce what religion u are. Especially if u don't want to b kidnapped

2. Don't announce what country ur from if u don't want to b kidnapped.

3. Stay away from crowded market places. Stay in areas in which barriers r set up (to protect ur self from carbombs).

4. Stay in the US, British, Canadian, or Japanese Embasies so that u will be protected.

Hope that helps.