what is the name of someone who studies insects?

Best Answer

Entomologist is the overall title of one that researches, studies, teaches or works with insects. However there are many disciplines of entomology. I am familiar with aquatic entomologist and agricultural entomologist. Some people are specialist. perhaps they just study ants.

Whatever, it is a very interesting field. I love working with aquatic insects.

entomology, study of insects, an arthropod class that comprises about 900,000 known species, representing about three fourths of all the classified animal species. Insects are studied because of their importance as pollinators for fruit crops; as carriers of bacterial, viral, and fungal diseases; as parasites of humans or livestock; as destroyers of economically important plants; or as predators of other destructive insects. The role of insects in ecosystems and their control by insecticides or by biological methods are studied in ecology. Some insects such as the fruit fly, Drosophila, are used in the laboratory to study genetics; others are used to study behavior and physiology. The ability to increase productivity of insect populations that supply commercially important products such as dyes, silk, and honey and the deliberate introduction of insect diseases into populations of insect pests involves knowledge of microbiology and biochemistry as well as entomology.

http://www.answers.com/topic/entomology?cat=health

Source(s): me = biologist

Ron

My friend's dad works at the Natural History Museum and he studies insects. His name is Ron.

An entomologist.

Actually that was a confusing one it is called as a entomologist

The correct answer is entomology.

Source(s): My nephew has a doctorate in this science.

entomology

enytlmologist (spellilng?)

Would that be insectology??