My car rumbles while im driving like it's about to turn off but it doesn't. Is it my fuel pump?

The car is a 92' Honda Accord EX.

I already tried changing the spark plugs but the new spark plugs never fixed the problem.

Best Answer

could be..could also be feul injector plugged up..bad feul line...maybe ot some bad gas...might have moisture in your gas tank (not uncommon in older cars)..try some dry gas (stp)..could be bad timing or timing belt/chain...once in a while i use high octane just to help clean out the system (they say it works)..change your air filter..check your distributor cap and check your spark plug wires ...some times the carbon inside breaks down...you might also have a vacuum leak..good luck..beam me up mr. andretti

Man,,,it could be so many things I don't know where to begin.However,I don't feel it's the fuel pump.It could be dirty injectors though.Try some injector cleaner.You just add it to the fuel.You may have to do this more than once.Did you replace the wires as well?These could be bad.To determine if it's a plug or wire You can pull each wire off of the plug while the engine is running.Use some kind of insulated tool.Pull them off and then replace them,one at a time,listening for a change in the way the motor runs.If it changes, the part is good.If it doesn't change you found a problem.Also,I would check the distributor cap and rotor button.If these have not been replaced you could try that.These are inexpensive parts.It could also be a clogged catylitic converter.This is part of your exhaust system.Or the co2 sensors,,,or any number of other electrical sensors or a vacuum leak or ect,,ect,,,ect. Good luck.

YOU SHOULD GET THE VEHICLES COMPUTER SCANNED AND CHECK FOR ANY PROBLEMS AS WELL AS CODES AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD IDEA ON WHAT THE PROBLEM TRULY IS.

TRY FINDING AN INDEPENDENT SHOP INSTEAD OF THE DEALER OR A CHAIN STORE BECAUSE YOU WILL BE OVERALL MORE PLEASED WITH THE FINDINGS AND THE SERVICE.

LEAVE IT THERE WITH THEM SO THAT THEY CAN FIND THE PROBLEM FOR YOU, IT WILL BE A LOT BETTER THAN JUST REPLACING PART AFTER PART AND NOT DOING ANY GOOD.

Source(s): 923
  • Paul S

Probably not the fuel pump.

Did you also check the wires,cap, and rotor?

How's the coil pack?

More info would help.

rumbles is a variety term when dealin with engines....... could be internal engine knock, could be exhaust leak, could be lifters sticking, could be percperation in engine....... get it checked..........