Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

my sons dad is a moron?

ok....i am a single 26 year old mother of the cutest 6 year old in the world. his father doesnt pay me any money and takes our son every other weekend. we used to argue a lot, but then i decided that we should get along for my sons sake. i have no intention of getting back together with him, i left him 2 years ago. we decided to take him to the splash pad together yesterday. while we were there, he kept on telling me stupid, pointless crap which i do not care to hear. he was gloating about how many girls he sleeps with and all that. i laughed it off at first, then called him a man whore, so he got all offended. was i wrong?

and btw, no, i did not say that in front of my son. i never say anything bad about him to my son, that is not my place. his dad says bad things about me to my son all the time, but my son is smart enough to know that what his dad says is not true.

one more thing, my sod does not get confused when we hang out together, he knows that mommy and daddy are not together, i mean, he has been living with me for the past 5 years.

Favorite Answer

Nope ur not wrong. I understand what ur going through. I am a single mother divorced from my husband. Expect I'm only 22 got married when I was 17. But my son's father trys to do the same thing. They wont to try and make us jealous thinks for some reason that will bring u 2 back 2gether even though we know different. Do what u did. Soon enough he'll get the picture and will not wont to gloat to u. B/c he'll know every time he does ur just gonna cut him down to size. U did the right thing don't feel bad at all.

You made a mini-me with this moron, so although he doesn't show respect--be a bigger 'man' and act more mature than him. So you made it clear that you have no intention of getting back with him, but him making those "stupid" comments about his life are merely a sign that he's looking to pique your interest. He's trying to make you jealous and if he got offended it's because he didn't feel that he was coming off as a jerk. Seriously--guys don't know when they're doing wrong. You're not wrong in calling him that--in your mind. You're picking arguments with him for no reason. Have you really looked at why? I think that if it was someone I truly didn't care for--I wouldn't give him the time of day...even if it was for my son's sake. Getting along in front of him is one thing, but going out together is sending out a confusing message to him--Your son and your baby's daddy.

If you said that in front of your son, yes you were wrong to say what you did. Are you incorrect in your assessment - absolutely not!

The best things that you can do - for your son - is not bad-mouth his father and teach your son how to respect women. He will see what his father is really like and form his own opinions.

I was very impressed with my best-friends divorced parents - - his Dad never bad-mouthed his mom. His Dad would try to find ways of complimenting her even - - your mom made the best lasagne. His Dad would speak about good times they had when they were together - - such as a family vacation. His mother would call his Dad every name in the book. Is it any wonder why when he got out of high school he asked to live with his Dad???

Your son will see what is going on. Your best bet is to not sheild him, but also do not point out his father's faults.

• no that sounds like exactly wat hes being. and congratulations on telling him. but for ur sons sake i would probably be careful cause anything u say could come around through ur son and that is where alot of kids get hurt because one parent starts bashing the other and they think that its there fault. just remember the father knows that the only way to get to u is to go through ur son and it sounds to me like he doesn't much care about hurting him. so just watch out cause it could really influence ur son.