Being a gay man, I'm attracted to men's cologne...?

... are lesbians attracted to women's perfume? I'm trying to figure out if our ofactory senses play a role in who we are.

Favorite Answer

Being a gay man, you are attracted to masculinity. So masculine scents are attractive to you.

If you were straight, you would be attracted to the feminine and ladies fragrances would be attractive to you.

With that said, science has recently discovered a sensory organ within the nasal cavity which they believe allows humans to detect pheromones, much the same way other animals do. These pheromones cause sexual arousal to those who find them attractive.

So, Yes, I think our olfactory senses due play a role in who we are attracted to.

• HMFan

I think our sense of smell plays a great part in who we are. As HitchCraft stated, pheromones--which are not always detectable consciously--play a part in sexual behavior and attraction in humans as well as other animal groups. Research has posited that the sense of smell is the most closely tied to memory. Many realtors know that the subtle "scent of freshly baked cookies" in a home for sale can help to sway a home buyer's positive reaction. And, yes, there's nothing better than a well-built man who smells nice...

I think all the senses play a part in who we are and what we are attracted to. Smell was the first sense humans got, many many years ago.

I like the smell of perfume, but I think cologne smells horrible!

i like a scent that's nice but i prefer men's scent. many gay women i know wear men's aftershave but it's what the individual likes to wear

Source(s): i'm bisexual

i'm a lesbian and i like soft but charming and attractive perfume... i tried man's colonge and it's not so bad...