soperson asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

this article shows libby is a traitor. what do you think?

Ex-Time Reporter Testifies in Libby Trial

Cooper Tells of Aide Unmasking Plame

By Amy Goldstein and Carol D. Leonnig

Washington Post Staff Writers

Thursday, February 1, 2007; Page A03

A former Time magazine reporter said in court yesterday that I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby confided that the wife of an Iraq war critic worked at the CIA, becoming the second journalist to testify that the vice president's then-chief of staff disclosed the identity of undercover CIA officer Valerie Plame.

Matthew Cooper, the magazine's White House reporter in the summer of 2003, told jurors in Libby's perjury trial that President Bush's top political aide, Karl Rove, was the first administration official to privately tell him that former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV was married to a CIA officer. The next day, Cooper said, he asked Libby whether Wilson's wife worked at the CIA.

Former New York Times journalist Judith Miller, right, leaves U.S. District Court with Robert Bennett, a member of her legal team, left, Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2007, in Washington. Miller testified Tuesday at I.Lewis "Scooter' Libby's perjury trial in federal court ( (Pablo Martinez Monsivais - AP)

More on the Libby Trial

The perjury trial of Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff calls up high-profile witnesses.

Evidence Entered in Trial Government exhibits used in the trial in the format admitted in the court.

Indictment: U.S. v Libby

The Verdict

Timeline

Photos: Libby Trial

Full Coverage

Who's Blogging?

Read what bloggers are saying about this article.

SpReAd tHe TrUtH - MySpace Blog

REVOLUTION 420

REVOLUTION 420

Full List of Blogs (38 links) »

Most Blogged About Articles

On washingtonpost.com | On the web

Save & Share Article What's This?

Digg

Google

del.icio.us

Yahoo!

Reddit

Facebook

According to Cooper, Libby said "words to the effect, 'Yeah, I've heard that, too,' " though Libby did not name her.

Favorite Answer

Hey, I have a dead horse over here. Could you please beat it?

I find it amusing that you would quote a delusional liberal pot head as one of your sources. No matter how many times you tell the same lie millions of people still know the truth.

Plame was not a covert agent and had a CIA parking sticker on her car that she parked in her own personal space at the CIA building. She may have been under cover during the Clinton administration, lots of women were, and I heard they played an under cover game called pup tent. I don't know the rules of that game, but maybe you have also played it with Clinton and can give us a debriefing.

If you want to see a traitor I suggest you go to the next Democrat convention, or if you don't want to wait that long just look in a mirror.

• ?

Nice try, Cooper wasn't the reporter that first broke the story. It was Bob Novak, and he told Fitzgerald at the beginning of the investigation that Richard Armatige was his source that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA.

"According to Cooper, Libby said "words to the effect, 'Yeah, I've heard that, too,' " though Libby did not name her." That's real damning testimony.

EDIT:

As it turned out, Novak wasn't the only person Armitage talked to about Plame. Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward has also said he was told of Plame's identity in June 2003. Woodward did not respond to requests for comment for this article, but, as late as last week, he referred reporters to his comments in November 2005 that he learned of her identity in a "casual and offhand" conversation with an administration official he declined to identify. According to three government officials, a lawyer familiar with the case and an Armitage confidant, all of whom would not be named discussing these details, Armitage told Woodward about Plame three weeks before talking to Novak. Armitage has consistently refused to discuss the case; through an assistant last week he declined to comment for this story.

Hmmmmm....makes me think Patrick Fitzgerald is an incompetent boob if he could only get a conviction on perjury.

Or for that matter only bring up a charge of perjury.

Let it go. For your own well being.

he should serve his time