Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

8th grade english homework...?

okay. i have 10 definitions/sentances to do for english homework. i need 5 more. oh and the definitions and sentances have to be in our own words.

1. pithy

2. behoove

3. elude

4. nefarious

5. blunt

thank you!!

i only have one sentEnce left. i cant figure out pithy.

oh... and 8th grade is still middle school....just to let you know....

sorry if i sound lazy and rude about my homework.. i dont mean to be. i just needed help.

Best Answer

I hope this helps.

1. pithy=Forceful concise and meaningful in expressing self.

2. behoove = to act appropriately according to ethical rules.

3. elude = daring clever escape.

4. nefarious = wicked plot.

5. blunt = to be quick and simple.

Dont worry.

Members of society understand that if teachers were doing what they are supposed to be doing students wouldnt need to seek outside help with assignments.

1. ---something full of meaning and force

He made a pity comment during the state of the union address.

2. --- 1. to be necessary or proper for, as for moral or ethical considerations; be incumbent on: It behooves the court to weigh evidence impartially.

2. to be worthwhile to, as for personal profit or advantage: It would behoove you to be nicer to those who could help you.

–verb (used without object) 3. Archaic. to be needful, proper, or due: Perseverance is a quality that behooves in a scholar.

3. ---cleverly avoiding escape

He eluded the police by posing as a mannequin in the shop window.

4. ---really wicked

He was known for his nefarious ways with women.

5. ---really abrupt, straightforward or rounded off (depends on the context)

I hate to be blunt, but you really need to change your shoes.

These are the definitions (number 2. is the dictionary definition) in my own words

Source(s): dictionary.com

1. An 8th grader is rarely pithy.

2. It would behoove you to do your own homework.

3. Although she eluded to needing help, in actuality, she was merely lazy, and attempted to get others to complete her work.

4. The nefarious criminal started early in life by cheating on her 8th grade English homework.

5. To be blunt, you should not be using Y!A to cheat on your homework.

I'm not sure how either the rubber raft or the life jackets will help, since the water is frozen, so those would be the worst. The compass could potentially help them find their way.. The matches would only help if they had something to burn.. How would the mirror or kerosene help..? I'm not sure what the purpose of te rope would be at this point either.. I think the best item would have to be either the box knives and tools (to cut through the ice to get to the fish in the water, etc.) or the tent, to have a warm(er) place to stay for the night.

5. blunt- not sharp, dull

The blunt knife would not cut the meat.

4. nefarious- extremely wicked, evil

The mad scientist came up with a nefarious plot.

3.elude-escape, avoid

The criminal manged to elude the police by hiding in the woods.

2.behooved- worthwhile, necessary, morally right

It behooves the court to weigh evidence impartially.

1. pithy- brief, forceful, meaningful

The cop offered a pithy comment the the criminal.

hope this helps and dont worry i dont mind doing your homework. i understand i just got out of 8th grade. lol

Look it up at dictionary.com. By the way sentences is spelled with an e! This shouldn't take long for you to do. P.S. It would behoove you to do your own work. High school is no picnic!

I think you need to be clearer on what you need. Your English grammar is difficult to understand.

• It would behoove me to be pithy, if not blunt, but I will elude your imprecation and be nefarious and refer you to www.dictionary.com and www.thesaurus.com instead (and you should BOOKMARK those sites...as well as factmonster.com and infoplease.com).

Source(s): neat, huh?now, YOU get to look those up on those sites and put them into sentences in YOUR OWN words. Nobody did my homework for me when I was in 8th grade, by the way...

for things like that you can go to dictionary.com and just put it in your own words. its really helpful.

if its in your own words why are you asking us to di it for you?