Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

quick yall i need to kno howmany lines are needed in a stanza... for like poems?

please hel pyall

its due like

soon

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Stanzas can have different numbers of lines. According to the Web site http://www.aasd.k12.wi.us/staff/wiesebrad/Poetry/s...

The most common stanza types, according to Write Source 2000, are these:

Couplet - two-line stanza

Triplet - three-line stanza

Quatrain - four-line stanza

Sestet - six-line stanza

Septet - seven-line stanza

Octave - eight-line stanza

Answered by a public library reference librarian. Always ask a librarian for the best answer.

Source(s): Appleton Area School District http://www.aasd.k12.wi.us/staff/wiesebrad/Poetry/s...
  • 1 decade ago

In traditional English-language poems, stanzas can be identified and grouped together because they share a rhyme scheme, or a fixed number of lines. THE NUMBER OF LINES CAN VARY, although 4 is the most commonly used. At the link below, at the bottom of the page is a poem showing 3 groups of 4-line stanzas, and ending with a 2-line couplet.

The short answer is 2 for a couplet. After that 3 lines is a tercet; 4 lines is a quatrain; 5 is a cinquain or quintain; and so on.

• 1 decade ago

well i hope this help ..

but i think most are made out of 4

generally most songs, and quite a few poems follow the ABCB rule of ryhme.

but in poetry ..the authoer could have any number of lines.

a limerick for example has 5 lines

and a hieku ( spelled wrong i'm sorry ) would have 3 lines

• dede
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

it fairly is tough for me to assert, yet i study it such: Reflections in one thousand replicate shards mendacity on the floor a glimpse of purple splattered here and there make it greater captivating a jagged side interior the form left part sharp up which will in all risk choose sutures Friction against fact is putting suns i will inform you I even have come to embody the soreness you will too in the previous your existence is finished or you would be swallowed by way of the gaping maw of apathy, my sworn enemy. My jagged side is reassuring and reflecting decrease back from shards of imagined me. it is the way i stated it. efficient piece LC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.