How to start a conversation with him?

So there's this guy at my highschool and I think he's cute. I want to become friends with him but I don't know how. He's not in any of my classes so I wouldn't have anything to talk about. Whenever I pass by him in the hall, he's usually with his friends, so I don't want to randomly go up to him when he's with his friends and just say "hi", because they might be like "Who are you?". I REALLY want to talk to him, but I don't know what to say. What do I say?! Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Here's a good article:

HOW TO START A CONVERSATION WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT

Steps

Start with a "hello," and simply tell the new person your name then ask them theirs. Offer your hand to shake, upon his or her responding to you. If you already know the person, skip this step and proceed to step 2.

Look around. See if there is anything worth pointing out. Sure, talking about the weather is a cliche, but if there's something unusual about it--bam!--you've got a great topic of conversation.

Offer a compliment. Don't lie and say you love someone's hair when you think it's revolting, but if you like his or her shoes, or a handbag, say so. A sincere compliment is a wonderful way to get someone to warm up to you. But be careful not to say something so personal that you scare the person off or make him or her feel uncomfortable. It is best not to compliment a person's looks or body.

Ask questions! People love to talk about themselves --- get them going. "What classes are you taking this year?" "Have you seen -Here)? What did you think of it?" Again, keep the questions light and not invasive. Do not ask too many questions if he or she is not responsive to them.

And another thing, do not ask any question about yourself, because that will most likely make the conversation about you, and people don't like that either.

Jump on any conversation-starters he or she might offer; take something he or she has said and run with it. Agree, disagree, ask a question about it, or offer an opinion, just don't let it go by without notice.

Look your newfound friend in the eye, it engenders trust (but don't stare). If the conversation goes on, you can possibly touch (lightly, don't claw) his or her hand, elbow or shoulder. Also, use the person's name a time or two during the conversation; it will help you remember the name, and will draw the person's attention to what you are talking about.

Tips

Just relax. Chances are that whatever small-talk you're making isn't going to stick out in anyone's mind a few months from now. Just say whatever comes into your head, so long as it's not offensive or really weird. (Unless, of course, the person you're attempting to converse with is into weird stuff.)

It will help if you watch some TV, listen to radio shows, and/or read a lot -- newspapers, magazines, and/or books. You need to have some idea of what is going on in the world. If you are shy, it will be helpful to have thought about a topic or two that you could talk about.

Follow the lead that your listener is expressing. If he or she appears interested, then continue. If he or she is looking at a clock or watch, or worse, looking for an escape strategy, then you have been going on for too long.

Interesting and funny quotes or facts can lighten things up, & make way for things to talk about.

If talking over the phone, keep the person involved in the conversation at all costs. If you can't come up with a good topic, try the "questions" game. Just keep asking them questions; random questions work just fine as long as they are appropriate. This technique can save a phone conversation.

Half of an effective conversation is the way you non-verbally communicate, and not necessarily what you say. Practice better non-verbal skills that are friendly and confident.

Warnings

Don't be overly invasive with questions.

Don't use tons of fillers like "umm" or "soo". It might make the person you're talking to feel awkward or obligated to say something.

Hope this helps!

Have you ever talked to him? If not or yes just keep saying hi! everytime you see him and always smile, guys can smell if girls like them so he will figure out.

just say 'HI' the very next time you see him. Who knows maybe one of his friends wants to talk to you!

umm when you see him in the hallway and hes by himself then go up to him....good luck!

• me m

grow up and stop asking atrangers how to solve your teeny problems,go ask your mother .but shes probably sick of the crap too