Muslims: Who was Jesus' father?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I think they know that Jesus' father is God.

Source(s): I'm from Indonesia, the largest Muslim country.

God said BE and He Was. As Muslims we believe that Mary, Mother of Jesus, became pregnant Miraculously Just as it is Believed by Christianity.But when it comes to God having a Begotten Son, we don't believe it that way.You see to beget means that there is sex involved Literally.And we don't believe that God had Sex(God Forgive Me.)with Mary.

No father, just a mother. Thats why he was named Isa Bin Maryam. (Jesus son of Mary)

• Good question.

Jesus has no father just likes Adam and Eve.

The difference is only that Jesus has a mother.

Jesus was born as a miracle. God has performed many miracles for the prophets (ex. giving Moses the power of magic) so why can't He make a person be born without a father if He wills?

Although the Quran does not present a detailed life-story of Jesus, it highlights the important aspects of his birth, his mission, his ascension to heaven, and passes judgements on the Christian beliefs concerning him. The Quranic account of Jesus starts with the conception of his mother, Mary, whose mother, vowed to dedicate her child to the service of God in the temple. When Mary became a woman, the Holy Spirit (the Archangel Gabriel) appeared to her as a man bringing her news of a son. We read the following dialogue in the Quran between Mary and the Angel:

"When the angel said, "Mary, god gives you a good tidings of a Word from Him whose name is messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, -high honoured shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to God. He shall speak to men in the cradle, and of age, and righteous he shall be, "lord" said Mary "How shall I have a son, seeing no mortal has touched me? "Even so, he said "God creates what He will".

When he decrees a thing He but say to it, "Be", and it is. --Quran(Al-Imran 3:45-47)

In a chapter (Surah) entitled "Maryam" (Mary), the Quran tells us how Mary gave birth to her son, and how people accused her when she brought the child home:

"Then she brought the child to her folk, carrying him, and they said, "Mary, you have surely committed a monstrous thing. Sister of Aaron, your father was not a wicked man, nor your mother a woman unchaste. Mary pointed to the child; but they said, 'Hoe shall we speak to one who still in the cradle, a little child. And he (Jesus) said, 'Lo, I am God's servant, God has given me the Book and made me a Prophet Blessed He has made me ,wherever/may be; and he has enjoined me to prayer, and to give the alms so long as I live, and likewise to cherish my mother; He has not made me arrogant and wicked. Peace be upon me, the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am raised up alive. --Quran ("Maryam 19:29-33)

*********I hope these Quranic references to the birth of Jesus make it clear to you*********

Prophet Isa/Jesus(PBUH*) does not have any father. He is the son of Mariam(Mary). He is a Prophet, the Messiah and a man. Prophet Jesus(PBUH*) was a Muslim and told his followers to worship his Lord(ALLAH) and never said he was a God or a "son of" God. God has no partners or sons.

there is no connection between Muslims and Jesus's father.. r u trying to show them down or wht?!?

get a life

Jesus (pbuh) doesn't have a father, just like Adam (pbuh).